x

How can I collect my customer information?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: More Information about customer]

Hello, I am looking to ensure customers are providing more information like phone number and email when purchasing. This will allow us to confirm if purchases are real. Can someone help?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hello @Pd95501,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome!

Currently, the only way to add your customer information to a sale is to manually add it to your transaction. Afterwards, their information will be saved in your directory, which you can then use to reference any past information entered, or add customers to future sales. 

Feel free to check out this article for more information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks. So currently, there is no way of reviewing phone number and emails through an online purchase for a product?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@Pd95501,

Correct. Unless the seller chooses to voluntarily leave that information in their order, or in a note, our system does not automatically collect in order to protect your customer's privacy. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 6

I've spent about two hours looking through forums for this clear answer. Thank you for answering the question directly and transparently rather than giving me an indirect answer and links that don't answer the question. 

Suggestion for development: give the customer the option to input their information for our customer directory during the check out process before payment. We need to collect this information because customers often pick up their purchases after our exhibition ends. We need to remind them (using both email and phone), especially if they forget. 

Thanks again for the clear and honest answer.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @StanG

We are glad you were able to find the answer to your question on the Seller Community! Thank you for providing feedback on this, as it is very helpful when planning for future releases. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 6