x

Feature Request: Ability to edit "To pick up your order, call..." Curbside Pickup Instructions

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can't update pickup instructions in online store

My pickup instructions in Weebly/square online store say

Pickup instructions
Orders may be picked up at my mailbox Tuesday-Thursday 9 to 6 or Saturday 10 to 4. Items will be bagged and marked with your name. Look for the "Farm Fresh Eggs" sign. Google maps will take you too far down the road.

But what is printed on the customer order is:

Pickup Instructions

To pick up your order, call +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX when you are outside the pickup location.

I don't even know where this came from as its never been the verbiage I use.

There's some kind of disconnect here. I'm assuming it came from the integration between square and weebly. I NEED this updated.

Help

Jennifer

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@jkleffner

Sounds like you have curbside pick up enabled which sends your customer as message instructing them to call when they are outside your biz. 

Turn this off from the Online Store Dashboard: Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Scroll down to edit Pickup Settings > toggle off Curbside Pickup  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Best Answer

@jkleffner

Sounds like you have curbside pick up enabled which sends your customer as message instructing them to call when they are outside your biz. 

Turn this off from the Online Store Dashboard: Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Scroll down to edit Pickup Settings > toggle off Curbside Pickup  

Justin
Message 2 of 12

I have curbside pick up toggled, but I cannot un-toggle it. We aren't able to accommodate curbside pick up orders, so I don't want it as an option but I cannot remove it. It's greyed out so I can't toggle the button.

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hello @bepmoore85 Welcome to our Seller Community! 🥳

What error are you receiving when you try to toggle the delivery button off and save the changes?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 12

I can't even toggle it. No error message. The button to toggle is just greyed out (it's actually a light blue but I can't toggle it).

Message 5 of 12

Hi there, @bepmoore85 - would you mind sharing a screenshot of this for us? Which button specifically is greyed out for you? 

Joe
Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

We would like to enable curbside pickup, however when we do it says the following during the customer's order process:

"To pick up your order, call 5555555555 when you are outside the pickup location"

We do not wish to take calls and would prefer to have it say to text the number instead.

Even better than calling or texting would be a button in their order confirmation email like "I'm here!" that sends a notification to the Square Orders screen indicating that the customer is there and waiting.

Message 7 of 12

Hello👋@lemondogs

Welcome back to our Seller Community. We appreciate your feedback as you continue to use our In-Store and Curbside Pickup features. If you would like your customer to not call when they arrive, you can turn off the phone number settings under Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit Location > Pickup settings > Edit. However, we don't have an option to text, this is still a feature request. Take a look at this article with detailed information on our Pickup & Delivery Settings. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 12
Beta Member

Thanks. If we remove the telephone number, then the curbside pickup option cannot be activated (because it requires it for the process flow to function).

Our workaround: keep curbside pickup disabled and include information on how to do it in the order information.

Using this workaround our order screen doesn't have a way to differentiate curbside pickup orders from in-store pickups to the staff preparing the order until the customer arrives and texts us their order number. It would be much better if we could enable it and clearly see which orders are for curbside pickup, but then we're back to being forced to have a telephone number included and instructions that say to call when we don't want that.

Message 9 of 12

This is a problem for my business as well. We cannot answer the phone during our busiest hours: and the whole point of online ordering with curbside pickup is that the customer does NOT need to use the phone. A customer can reply "here" to the order confirmation SMS, and this notifies our POS that they've arrived. Why is there no way to communicate this to our customers, without contradicting the default instructions to call the business number? I am choosing to enable curbside pickup, however, this means that my customers are receiving contradictory instructions from the Square system. 

This is what I've added to the order pickup instructions field (see below). I also inserted the same instruction into the header of the email order confirmation. I'm afraid it's the only workaround I could make, but it makes US look unprofessional because we are delivering conflicting instructions to our customers. On both the order confirmation page and the email customers are also instructed by default to call the business number.

Message 10 of 12

@sayra this does not work because a business phone number is required in order to enable curbside pickup. The automated instructions to call the business number is shared with the customer numerous times throughout the online ordering process (final payment confirmation, order confirmation URL, email, etc). However the personalized vendor pickup instructions are only shared with the customer one time, and this is midway through checkout. Once checkout is complete, customers never see these instructions again, and it is never sent to the customer. This is incredibly frustrating. We are a small business relying on curbside orders - and any other business we can - to get us through the winter during a global pandemic.

I have spent many hours over 4+ weeks communicating with Square customer support on this issue. Square customer support says I'm in the minority or perhaps even the only one requesting this. However, I can't imagine my business is the only one that would like to modify / clarify curbside pickup instructions. Even if I were running a clothing store, or a store with downloadable links, I would wish to provide better instructions than simply calling a number.

The poor instructions to my customers reflects poorly on my business, and this is definitely impacting my bottom line, at a time that I can't afford to be impacted.

Message 11 of 12
Beta Member

Two years later, still no improvement to this functionality.

Message 12 of 12