x

Text Modifiers Unavailable

Hello,

I am trying to set up my first modifier which will be a text box to allow for personalization.

When I try to add a Modifier I do not get the option of a Text box. It just defaults to list item. See screenshot below.

All I can think of is that I need to have a Square online store in order to add text modifiers. I am not using the Square online store. Instead I am using WooCommerce and everything is syncing great (even the list modifiers I set up).

Am I missing something?

alexlauren_0-1701465953699.png

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @alexlauren.  You are sort of missing something.  Text Box modifiers currently only work in Square Online shops.  That functionality is not available on any Square POS, yet.  I would normally suggest that your submit a feature request on the Ideate Board, but since I have already submitted one, there is no need.  Square is evaluating the request for possible inclusion on their future product roadmap.

Here’s a link to my feature request.  If you’d be so kind, please follow that link and like/upvote it to show your support.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @alexlauren.  You are sort of missing something.  Text Box modifiers currently only work in Square Online shops.  That functionality is not available on any Square POS, yet.  I would normally suggest that your submit a feature request on the Ideate Board, but since I have already submitted one, there is no need.  Square is evaluating the request for possible inclusion on their future product roadmap.

Here’s a link to my feature request.  If you’d be so kind, please follow that link and like/upvote it to show your support.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the explanation @TheRealChipA. I have upvoted your request.

This seems like something that shouldn't be tied exclusively to the Square Online Store, especially when alternative e-commerce platforms are officially supported.

I guess it's time to create a custom checkout field in WooCommerce for my products!

Message 3 of 3