x

Square register being forced into online mode sporadically

I have three square registers (one for our currently non-used lobby, walk up window and drive thru).  I sporadically have the one located at our drive thru force itself into offline mode, and the card transactions won't register until we re-boot that register.  I have two wifi's at my work; one hard wired via Frontier (slow) and a wifi hotspot via Verizon (faster).  Both wifi networks are wired into each of the three registers.  I have flip-flopped the registers located at the lobby and drive thru to try to work around this issue, I've deleted and then re-added Square POS to both registers for that particular register, and it will cooperate for a while, then just decide to freeze and go into the Offline mode.  Only a few of my staff understand the work-around (shut off that register and re-boot it; but that takes approximately 1.5 minutes, which we sometimes don't have in a fast paced ice cream world).  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @robinbelleville it sounds like this may be a bug that engineering needs to take a look at. I would encourage you to call our Support Team so they can either help you warranty your Register or file a ticket with engineering.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2