x

How to organize categories on main screen?

Hoping there is an easier way to access items within categories for a Landscape Center -- we have thousands of possible "Items" for sale (trees, plants, retail items etc.)  I was hoping we could split them up by Category to make it easier for employees to check out, but it seems right now that we have to scroll through the list of hundreds of items to find the one tree we are looking for.  I assume there has to be an easier way (like in a restaurant where drinks, appetizers, entrees etc would have sub-sections, and so on...)  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Black_Landscape - You can add categories to the Item Grid of the POS app. Sellers also use it to create 'hot buttons' for featured items or frequently used discounts, making the checkout experience quicker and easier for both your employees and customers. 

Keep in mind, this feature is only available for tablets, not smartphones. Visit our Support Center to learn more on setting up your Item Grid

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

EDIT:  we do not have the option to use square for retail -- we are trying to operate with the standard Square POS.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Black_Landscape - You can add categories to the Item Grid of the POS app. Sellers also use it to create 'hot buttons' for featured items or frequently used discounts, making the checkout experience quicker and easier for both your employees and customers. 

Keep in mind, this feature is only available for tablets, not smartphones. Visit our Support Center to learn more on setting up your Item Grid

Justin
Message 3 of 5

I see the item grid option on the POS but for Retail I only see the option to add hot items not categories. Is this correct? If so can an Square feature request be added to allow adding category favorites in Square for Retail as well as the currently available item favorites?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @readwithme! Stepping in here.

It looks like at the time this is a feature request. 

The workaround our Retail team suggested is to use the Items browse path to then drill into categories. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 5