x
Alumni

[CA] Square Reporting Q&A: Get answers and influence product decisions!

Happy New Year, Seller Community! 

Effective and reliable reporting is crucial for the smooth operation of any business, and we recognize that there is always room for improvement with the reporting tools offered by Square.

Participate in the upcoming Square Reporting Q&A to let the team know what's going well and what can be improved — because who better to provide insight on how to improve these tools than the sellers who use them on a daily basis? 😉

This event is an opportunity to speak directly with @annakepler on the Square Reporting team, and contribute to how developments are prioritized throughout 2023.

On Wednesday, January 25, 2023, she and her team will be here to address any questions you may have, and make sure your experiences are documented with their plans for the year ahead.

Not sure what to ask? Here are some example questions: 

• What is the best way to keep an eye on sales trends for my items?
  • If I could do "_________" with reporting in the online Square Dashboard, that would save me so much time.
  • How can I manage sales reports across multiple business locations?

Ani__0-1673551111027.png

Click 'Reply' below to ask your question ahead of time, and we’ll answer every question on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 275
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

A feature that I think would be really useful to customers and also to square customers is the ability to display other currencies beside the default currency pricing.
EG. US customers when shopping in Canada would benefit in seeing USD pricing as would a CANADIAN customer shopping in the US would benefit from seeing both prices. however the transactions would still be processed in the default currency.

Is this something that could be easily done?

View Best Answer >

Message 274 of 275
274 REPLIES 274

Any of the reports that have taxes mentioned.  I have to download all the transactions, then make two columns, put in a formula to calculate 5% and 7%, and add those up to see if they match the "taxes" amount and compare it to each individual sale if I can't figure it out.  Not all items have both taxes.  Since the app for Quickbooks does not work very well when a discount is applied, I need to see what the individual taxes were to fix those 

Message 85 of 275

Feedback on reporting tools: When I generate Sales report for the year, all the totals aren’t specifically divided. Meaning, gross sales vs sales with and without provincial taxes. Please include a real breakdown of all sales, services, totals with tip, without tip, with or without taxes. It’s not accurate!!

Message 86 of 275
Square

Thank you for your feedback! I can see how it can be frustrating when numbers are not properly displayed and calculated. I will take it back to the team with recommendations for improvements.

Anna Kepler
Product Manager, Payments Reporting and Analytics, Square
Message 87 of 275

When I generate the year to date totals, all of the totals are not broken down properly. Gross sales versus Texas versus tips versus all the above. Please consider breaking down ALL totals with or without taxes, tips, etc. It’s not accurate!!

Message 88 of 275

We are a small service company and have been using SQUARE for 5 years.  

We do not have a store front. We purchase our supplies per job. 

What I find frustrating as an Administrator is:

• the back door way to print an estimates
  • finding the Square fees charged (per sale) for our quarterly reports
  • the export option for information is only excel
  • when adding items sometimes the per 'km, inch or other measure of' does not work

Lesley-Ann

PLATINUM Pools

Message 89 of 275

As a Hair Salon we would like to be able to add additional deductions for expenses before commissions are calculated. So when we set up a service there would be a Back Bar expense deduction before commission is calculated to cover the cost of colours and supplies etc.

Message 90 of 275
Square

Thanks for the feedback @Posh1 ! so it sounds like you would like to edit how commissions are calculated by adding some deductions. We will pass this information along to the right product team.

Anna Kepler
Message 91 of 275

I would like the reporting simplified - monthly and yearly - to be able to print a list of transactions - just one line per transaction would be ideal.  Do love Square though! Thanks for taking our input to better your business/service to us

Message 92 of 275
Square

Hi!
Thank you for your message. Have you tried printing the Transactions report? Is the issue you are running in the report being cut short?

Anna Kepler
Message 93 of 275

Can you make the page a bit to add a "duplicate receipt, without having to go back to transactions to reprint a receipt?  after the sale, I staple the printer copy to the customers invoice, but then I need a copy for our records as well, so be faster to have the same screen up to hit email or reprint a receipt....if that makes sense? or an option to print 2 receipts at the same time? Thx

Message 94 of 275
Beta Member

You should be able to set the printer to print a receipt automatically at the end of every transaction. Then, when the “Print Receipt” screen pops up, press it to print a second receipt.  

Message 95 of 275
Beta Member

I love being able to see the daily, monthly and 1 year reports. My fiscal year is not the same as the calendar year and I would love to be able to see my annual report without having to go back and manually select every month.  

Message 96 of 275
Square

Thank you for your message @BigEddyGlass !
I can understand how frustrating it can be to have to specify the custom dates. We are looking to offer customizable presets for the fiscal year and business week, in addition to reporting hours.

Anna Kepler
Message 97 of 275
Beta Member

It would be great to have a dashboard or report for inventory of products as well as a app that can be used to take daily inventory from a phone

Message 98 of 275
Square

Hi @endeavorgroup ,

Thanks so much for your suggestions! We’ll take note of your request to take inventory by phone. 

Can you be more specific about what type of inventory report you are looking for? If you are a Retail Plus subscriber, you can currently view various inventory reports such as, Cost of Goods Sold report, Vendor Sales report, Inventory sell-through rate report, etc. You can access these reports in Dashboard by navigating to Reports > Inventory Reports. 

Anna Kepler
Message 99 of 275

Hello,

I have a travel clinic and I do immunizations for clients. 
I charge them and use my square and they love it.

But I need to print their receipts in order to have their name written on it for insurance purpose.

i would like them to have their name on the receipt they receive trough email or text.

Do you think it would be possible to add this feature? It would save me a lots of time and paper 😀

Thank you

Message 100 of 275
Square

Hi @Evolutiontravel ! Thank you for sharing. I will take your feedback to the team. 

Anna Kepler
Message 101 of 275

Are we asking questions on here. My question is. Can you please make the Square reports app be able to easily toggle between businesses. I have 5 different log in names. So I can't easily flip between them all without entering a new log in name and password each time. I would like to have it all set up with a drop down so I can just easily flip between the 5 instead of logging out and logging back in for each one. 

Message 102 of 275
Square

Thank you for your feedback @lostinbuffalo !
We are working to improve this functionality and make it available to you soon.

Anna Kepler
Message 103 of 275

If you file form 1099-NEC, why don't you file form 1096?

Message 104 of 275

Can you please add email address to the transaction detail report?  Currently, the only information provided about a customer is their name.  We often try to contact all of our customers who purchased a specific product or during a specific timeframe and this would be helpful and cut down on the manual work we have to do on our end.

Message 105 of 275