x

Glass Artists

Hi Glassers...!!  I have been working with stained glass and broken glass art for about 3 years now (2024) and am self-taught. I do NOT have a background in business but am totally enjoying learning as much as possible as I muddle my way through this hectic and sometimes uncertain economy. 

I initially dreamed of a brick & mortar - but then realized my budgetary limitations and am perfectly satisfied with online sales and then the Farmers Market during the 'market season' which is April thru October.  That allows me to focus on building inventory and improving on skills and products during the dark months. 

I hope you will share you adventures of online sales of glass art (stained glass, broken glass, fused glass) items.

Happy Glassing...!! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @CindyAG welcome to the Seller Community 🌟

It's wonderful to hear about your journey in stained-glass and broken glass art.

Could you share some of your work with us? Photos, websites, and tips are all welcome!

Otherwise, enjoy exploring the Community 🙂 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 5

Hello Cindy.

I am not a Glass Artist, I work with leather, however, when I read your post I wanted to ask you a question. I don't know where in the US you live, but where I live, during the summer there are Renaissance Faires and all year round there are different conventions.  Have you ever thought about setting up at these events?  Yes, the table will cost you,  however, you can make a lot of money.  Also, at some of the smaller conventions, if you do a class to teach a "how to work with glass" (which you would charge for) your table may be comped.

Wishing you much success.

Ann Johnson
Message 3 of 5
Admin

@CindyAG thank you for posting this!

Tagging in a couple of Glass Artists here as well @mamac and @Beaddreamer 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Square Community
Message 4 of 5
Admin

Welcome, @CindyAG! I love the concept and I agree with @Faerly_Punk's suggestion about setting up at more events — great way to build a following. Wishing you all the best as you continue to expand your inventory and skillset!

P.S. Did you know that Square's first product was inspired by a need in the glass business? Fun fact: In 2009, Jack Dorsey and his friend Jim McKelvey couldn't complete a $2,000 sale of Jim's glass faucets because they couldn't accept credit cards. This challenge led them to create Square. I couldn't resist sharing that connection. 😆

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5