x

ssl certificate is still being configured

Hello,

I upgraded to professional about 4 weeks ago and the ssl certificate under settings still says "SSL certificate is being configured. Check back later."......should it still be in this status?

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Unless things have changed very recently the only Weebly plan that has SSL available is the Business plan - Pro doesn't have it - check the matrix here...

https://www.weebly.com/pricing

Message 2 of 13

@kmar357, you do have the Business package and your domain appears pointed to the right IP. I'm having a senior tech take a look!

Message 3 of 13

I am also having the same issue, and I have the business package. I have configured the SSL a couple of months ago, and it is saying:

SSL certificate is being configured. Check back later.

Message 4 of 13

@sayuri, it doesn't appear that your domain is connected to your Weebly site. Are you having your registrar do a masked forward? You should have them point the A-records directly towards your Weebly IP address (199.34.228.47).

Once you confirm that is taken care of, check your SSL settings again. If you're still having issues, message me directly and I'll consult with a senior tech!

Message 5 of 13

Hi, I am having the same issue. I upgraded to the Business package over a week ago and I'm still seeing  "SSL certificate is being configured. Check back later."

I am using Google as my registrar and I purchased my Weebly account directly through the Google website builder interface so I'm NOT doing a Forward with Masking.

Brodie can you please advise me as well, thanx.

Message 6 of 13
Square

Can you contact our support team about your SSL certificate, @MRGTS? It doesn't normally take that long to configure, and there might be additional steps needed to issue the certificate.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 7 of 13

can you help me please?

Message 8 of 13
Square

It can sometimes take a little while for an SSL certificate to configure. If you're still seeing it in configuration, please let our support team know:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 9 of 13

I am having the same problem.  We upgraded our account over 5 hours ago and the site is still not showing that the configuration process is complete.  We set the domain name to point to the IP address that came up in the instructions - 199.34.228.79.  I had not idea that it would take this long.  Pointing the domain name only took about 20 minutes, so I thought when it said check back later it would be less than an hour.  

Message 10 of 13
Square

It looks like it's configured and working for me, @BHI:

Message 11 of 13

Yes, I see it now.  Thanks.  Just a quick question.  How long does it usually take for the SSL to become active and ready to use?  And I saw another post saying that you could make it either active on the entire site or just the store, but I did not see the "how to" anywhere.  For this MCIM site we wanted it active on the entire site, but I have another one that will just be on the store.  I don't see a settings tab for the SSL in settings.  Is that changed somewhere else?

Message 12 of 13
Square

We've made a change to it so it's just "enable" or "disable" for the whole site, unless you had turned it on soley for the store in the past. The reason for this is because site security practices are evolving (based in part on changes Google will be implementing in Chrome and with search results), so it's best to have it turned on for the entire site. Sorry for the confusion!

Message 13 of 13