x

category coupon dropping category

We have several coupons set to specific categories. From time to time the categories are dropping off the coupons which makes the coupons invalid. Any fix suggestion or can you look into this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi @AbelArts Can you please provide an example for us? The coupon name and categories that are dropping? If there are any coupons that are currently not working, please let us know so we can escalate to advanced support. 

Message 5 of 11

Bernadette can you please provide a phone number or email address to contact support from Australia? I keep getting sent in circles with links that go nowhere.

Message 5 of 11
Square

We don't have phone support in Australia at this time. You can reach out to Email and Chat support if you are logged into your account and click the Contact Us button at the bottom of our Help Center. What happens when you try to reach support? 

Message 5 of 11

I'm having the same problem over and over again. Cant get on to support as they send you in circles. 

Message 6 of 11

We have this happen to us all the time, it is very frustrating. Was there a solution found please? 

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @SophiP Can you please confirm your site name, coupon name, and category that is not working? 

Message 12 of 11

We just had this problem with a coupon for selected items.  The items disappear from the code instructions, which makes the code useless.  Sugarbobsfinestkind.com, SUPERFAN coupon, and dropping specified products - in this case, the two gallon sizes of sriracha and smoked maple syrup. 

Message 12 of 11
Square

Thanks for posting about this, @SugarBob.

Did you make any changes to those items themselves?

Message 12 of 11

Adam,

This bug happens regardless of any changes made to products. This bug has existed for more than a year. A coupon's category settings disappear after a few days (it has been anywhere from 1-5 days in the ones we were able to track) and neither I nor your support team have been able to find a way to prevent this.

In the past, we would create a new coupon for a category of products and send out a newsletter. And after a couple days the customer complaints would roll in about how we were scamming them with a "fake" coupon that didn't work.

I contacted Customer Support about this problem last September, and was eventually informed (on Sept 19, 2020) that this is a "known bug" and we'll get an email when it's fixed. It's been 8 months; I'm not confident it will be fixed anytime soon.

This is a serious bug. I had found a workaround. We only created coupons that are valid for ALL of our products (and then of course we had to overhaul our price structure and marketing to account for this change). 

Unfortunately, the sales of our downloadable products depend on deep discounts via coupons. We are happy to give a newsletter subscriber a coupon for 50% (or more) off one of our downloadable games, because the game costs us nothing to produce. But we will lose money if we allow the same 50% discount for hard goods (printed material, card decks, dice, etc.) — because that will drive the price below our cost.

This summer, we will begin selling a lot more hard goods. This means that we either need to get this bug fixed, or we need to find another hosting service.

Thanks!

Clay

Message 12 of 11
Square

Thanks for the info, @Mogul. I'll find the bug ticket and see if I can get any updates.

Message 12 of 11