x

Show Storefront without Selling

Hi there,

I would love to know how I can show our storefront without offering to actually sell anything. We are a small publisher, so all of our book sales go through Bookshop, B&N, or Amazon, and we prefer not to sell through our website -- though we would still like to show off our catalog. If there's a quick button I can press to make this happen, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @brandylanerhpru Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Will you be making any sales through your website? It looks like you are on a Business plan, and have Paypal connected. If you are not going to be making sales you could disconnect your payment method to prevent customers from adding the items to the cart. 

Message 5 of 4

I've disconnected PayPal and we have no other payment methods connected. The cart still shows up, though, which just looks like an error now since people can't pay. How do I just totally turn off the cart so people can't add to it and don't see it? I want my inventory to be visible but not at all purchasable and I don't want anything to make visitors think they COULD purchase. Thanks!
Message 5 of 4
Square

Hi, @brandylanerhpru.

Connect to a checkout provider again, then on the dashboard go to Settings > Checkout > Advanced settings (the button is on the top right once you reconnect). You should see an option there to change your store mode to "buy now". Choose that, then disconnect from the checkout provider again. That should get rid of the cart from your navigation.

Message 5 of 4