x

Shipping problem -- $0 being charged on all orders after PayPal update

Hi there.

I did a PayPal update in Weebly a couple days ago and ever since, my customers are not being charged shipping fees. I have Weebly Pro and PayPal business. I know that I cannot charge a shipping fee directly through Weebly unless I upgrade to Weebly Business. PayPal is supposed to add on the shipping via their calculator. My parameters in PayPal have not changed. The only thing different is that I clicked on that update, and now the two services don't seem to be talking to one another 100%. I have lost a bunch of dough on unintended free shipping. Need a fix, stat. Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

That is definitely something we want to check out! Have you been in touch with support at hc.weebly.com already? They may want to do some tests with you to narrow down the cause.

Message 2 of 12

This is happening on my site too. Is there any resolution to this problem yet? 

Message 3 of 12
Square

@LMurray wrote:

This is happening on my site too. Is there any resolution to this problem yet? 

Were you using shipping set up with us or within your PayPal account?

Message 4 of 12

I am having this problem too...I have had 2 orders come through in the last couple days. Came here to see if I could find an answer and thought that perhaps Paypal was used for both.... Nope. Paypal was used for todays' order, but the one from a couple days ago, ,was a visa (through Square I believe, not paypal) purchase. Seems sporatic. I have had lots of orders come in with shipping added. Can't figure out where the problem lies.

Message 5 of 12
Square

So just to clarify, orders where someone paid with PayPal are having shipping applied and orders through Stripe are not? It sounds like you have shipping set up at PayPal, but not in Store > Setup > Shipping.

To make sure shipping is applied consistently, I'd recommend setting that up in Store > Setup > Shipping and not within your PayPal account.

Message 6 of 12

I too am having this problem. No orders from Weebly checking out with PayPal are being charged shipping.  I'm redirecting everyone to my other shops and refunding the orders.  Did you ever find out how to remedey this.  Weebly appears to support upgading again but I've read of problems with shipping there as well.

Message 7 of 12
Square

It looks like you don't have your site upgraded to Business, so I'm assuming you had shipping set up with PayPal, right? The newer API we use with PayPal now doesn't currently support using shipping rules set up at PayPal. 

You are correct in that if you upgrade to Business you can set up shipping here with us:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/226811488-All-About-Shipping

Message 8 of 12

I had the same problem after I upgraded. Spoke to weebly about it. When you upgrade Paypal shipping is no longer supported. However, you must use their shipping manager, which isn't free. I have 2 sites with them. I didn't upgrade the other one and my shipping is still intact through Paypal. To avoid that I went through my products and added shipping to the price. 

Message 9 of 12

Had same problem   weebly blames Paypal and wants $300 to upgrade.  Paypal blames Weebly for changing something.  What a bunch.   I do not have a solution besides adding shipping to the price and calling it free shipping.   I have help tickets at both places---we'll see who can fix it.....

Message 10 of 12
Square

The API you're currently using is quite old at this point and unsupported; while you do have to pay to upgrade to set up the shipping in your Weebly account, you're also getting a lot more features with it along with a much newer PayPal API that resolves a lot of bugs and issues that the old API had.

Message 11 of 12

the weebly fix----is to force you to upgrade to business website---for $300 a year.  I had the same problem in

early August 2018.  The have changed their access to Paypal.   I got in weebly early with their introductory offer---inexpensive----they may be trying to get rid of all of us early adopters-----and get more money out of us.  Sad way to do business.  sorry, weebly is whack.

Message 12 of 12