x

Review emails not being sent

Hi Guys,

I've set my review emails to be sent 3 weeks after purchase and have suspected that they are not being sent. I had a friend order a product from my site on the 10th July and haven checked today and he has not received the review email! Could you please have a look and let me know what's wrong, my site is - www.eshandcrafted.com

Thanks 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

Can you have your friend check their spam folder, @esafaeian? It's possible the review email was filtered there.

Message 21 of 20

Nothing in the spam folder... 

Tags (1)
Message 21 of 20
Square

Ok, thanks for checking. If you haven't yet, can you contact our support team so they can take a look? You can contact them via our support site here: https://www.weebly.com/app/help/

Message 21 of 20

I've contacted the support team, got a few initial emails and now radio silence.... Review emails still not working and I have sent 2x emails since asking for an update and they've both been unanswered. This is very poor customer service, I've had a particularly busy period and have missed out on many potential reviews due to the system being down. I need an update now! 

Message 21 of 20
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration, @esafaeian. Smiley Sad I do see that the rep escalated your issue to advanced support and that a bug was created with the engineers. I don't see that there's any updates at this time, though. Your email is assigned to be updated once the team has a fix. Hopefully it will not take too much longer! 

Message 21 of 20

Is it just me that's experiencing this or are all review emails for all users not working? 

Message 21 of 20
Square

I haven't come across anyone else experiencing the issue. Usually if an issue is widespread there will be several comments from different users, but this seems to be specific to your account. Or, it is affecting a very small percentage of users that haven't reported it yet. 

Message 21 of 20

Hey I'm not sure if your issue was resolved but my emails are not going out as well. I have it set to go out 2 weeks after. 

Message 21 of 20

My review emails are not being sent out either. Atleast not all of them. I have 2 friends place orders and recieve no email and not in spam either. I also have it set to send after two weeks.

Message 21 of 20
Square

Are they using the same email provider, @Htownextracts? I made some test orders a few weeks back and received review emails successfully.

Message 21 of 20

Yep, me too. For me, it's only the odd customer that is receiving the review email which I have set to send 2 weeks after purchase. Missing alot of reviews!

Message 21 of 20

Hi,

I'm having the same problem for the past few weeks.  I've contacted support and they have given the same response regarding checking spam etc but know this isn't the problem as I have family who have purchased things and were going to leave reviews so have watched out for them.

Was there any results at all?  We are a fledgling business so reviews are an important part of gaining customer trust and sales.

Message 21 of 20
Square

Hi @meoww999 I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your reviews. Was the rep able to check with the advanced support team to run any tests? 

I can try to place a test order, but won't be able to confirm until the email is received per the review timeframe option. 

Can you let me know the order number your family member made so I can verify the order date and items? Thanks!

Message 21 of 20

Thanks for the reply.

The customer support keeps just saying that it must be going to spam folders and to whitelist the weebly email addresses but I'm sure this isn't the case.

A test order would be great please!

The order numbers that I have been told haven't received review emails are:

I assume others since around mid Feb haven't received them either as we have had no reviews whatsoever posted since 20th Feb.

Thank for looking into it

Message 21 of 20
Square

I checked with our team and it looks like there's a bug ticket open with our engineers regarding this. Hopefully our engineers resolve the issue soon. Thank you for your patience!

Message 21 of 20

Thanks for checking.

Do you know how long this will take to resolve if at all?  As a fledgling business, reviews are extremely important and we have quite a few customers now who can't leave a review on our new products.  This will inevitably affect customer sales.

My concern about this is because I already have a bug regarding mobile category displays that has not been sorted yet from over 6 weeks ago.  

Since upgrading to ecommerce I have been quite disappointed with some aspects of Weebly especially when compared to other drag and drop ecommerce sites.

Message 21 of 20
Square

We don't have a way of providing an eta on a bug fix, but it does look like the team is getting closer to resolving the issue. One thing I recommend doing is reaching out to the support team here so that they can tag your support ticket to be updated once the team does have a resolution. 

I will also let you know if I hear any updates. 

Message 21 of 20

Hi,

Is there a similar problem occuring again with the review emails not being sent?  We have a couple of customers who say they haven''t received them and have checked spam etc?

Message 21 of 20
Square

Hi, @meoww999.

I don't see any current bugs open with our engineering team about this. Can you contact our support team so they can take a look? They can escalate the issue for you if needed.

Message 21 of 20