x

Include Cash On Delivery Option As A Payment Method!

Cash on delivery (COD), sometimes called collect on delivery, is the sale of goods by e-mail order where payment is made on delivery rather than in advance. If the goods are not paid for, then they are returned to the retailer. COD allows the purchaser to pay at the time of delivery instead of having to pay upfront. Payment is made to the shipping company, and the shipping company then relays the payment back to the seller. Some of the advantages of COD are that the buyer does not need to own a credit card to purchase goods from an online store, thus preventing and minimizing the risk of fraud coming from Internet scams. This indeed increased the trust factor between the customers and the businesses. Another advantage for COD is the 'Quality Improvement'; where customers pay only when they receive the product and are satisfied with its quality. They have the right to refuse poor quality products. This has ensured that online stores need to sell high quality products to the customers resulting in better quality and customer satisfaction. In short, Cash on Delivery has changed the dynamics of the eCommerce industry and helped online stores in penetrating deeper into the market. It revolutionized eCommerce drastically and increased sales for the businesses by many folds. Today, both the customers and the businesses have been benefited immensely from sticking to this concept model. 

P.S: I want to offer my clients the choice to pay with COD because PayPal is not supported in our country, and second of all, even it was supported, I don't want to integrate with it because people are not used to shop comfortably using their credit cards, and thus still prefer the COD way as a method of payment as it brings them confidence, peace of mind, and loyalty.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Famous words... 'something we are looking into'/....

Message 23 of 55

any updates on the potential for this option? I own a food truck and we want to utilize online ordering, but many of our customers want to pay cash on delivery/pickup. Thank you!!!

Message 25 of 55
Square

There's no updates, @Lissanchez06 but it looks like the type of feature that could possibly happen considering it impacts both Square and Weebly users. In the meantime, a workaround is to create a 100% coupon called "paycash" or whatever you'd like to say. 

Message 25 of 55

From 2016, well done Weebly

Message 26 of 55

Hi Barbara

The issue of Cash on Delivery Option has been ongoing for years now. Yes I know its something you have been looking into etc... The only logical reason I can see for it not going through is because Weebly wants the commission from the transactions, ok fair enough. I am not an expert in computer programming however I believe it is a relatively simple feature to add. If Weebly/square is afraid of losing their commisions on the cash on delivery option why not have this an extra paid feature (within reason) so that all parties benefit? This would help a lot of businesses like mine esp. where Paypal (and the current credit card supplier) is problematic in my country.

Message 27 of 55

Hi Barbara. Any news on this matter yet?

Message 28 of 55

Yes kindly Add the Cash on Delivery its very important especially in our situation here in our country most of our client want cash as we deliver. Thank you Hope you can have this sooner.

Message 29 of 55

Include Cash on Delivery (COD), we deal with numerous country clubs and the members request items to be billed to their club account.  COD would consolidate our inventory and revenues.  A cash transaction, as a administrator function, would create a fantastic Dashboard function.  Id consider this a necessity vs. a request.  

Message 29 of 55

I think this function is essential for many businesses. For example, due to the nature of my store, it sells natural collecting products. We never know when the products will come so the customers need to order in advance. No one wants to give their money and wait. 

I'm considering to change platform since Weebly unfortunately doesn't support the Cash on Delivery payment method

Message 30 of 55

Waiting waiting waiting.. 

Message 31 of 55

Trying to think of a workaround. What about a coupon for 100% called "Terms" or "COD". It would allow the client to purchase the items and you to get the order, with the understanding the "coupon" is for payment at a later date. Thoughts?

Message 32 of 55

Looks like this has been resquested for 2 YEARS!!!  PLEASE add COD or at least give the 100s of users hope that it is coming.  Otherwise, just let us know if it's not so we can switch platforms.  There are several payment options (COD and partial payments) that are deal-breakers for me to continue using Weebly.  Weebly, kindly inform all of us the status of this feature.

Message 33 of 55

Hi

any decision about alternative payment methods?

i urgently need an answer or i have to change platform as i can not wait with my business on weebly...

@kdcrev wrote:

Looks like this has been resquested for 2 YEARS!!!  PLEASE add COD or at least give the 100s of users hope that it is coming.  Otherwise, just let us know if it's not so we can switch platforms.  There are several payment options (COD and partial payments) that are deal-breakers for me to continue using Weebly.  Weebly, kindly inform all of us the status of this feature.

Message 34 of 55
Square

I don't have any further info on that, @Martin2, unfortunately. I would not expect there to be a change with this in the near future at the very least.

Message 35 of 55

Hi guys. 

If you have issues with PAYPAL you may want to use this COD option.

Found a solution to the Cash on Delivery option. Apply a 100% Coupon code and a free Shipping option in your Checkout setup and you will have your solution to this long awaited (and in the process since 2016) issue.

I have instructions on this page to understand easier.. https://www.beadsbalzar.com/cod.html

Of course it would still be nice for weebly to create a one button fix,.. but what can I say..

Regards

Andy

BeadsBalzar

Message 36 of 55

Still nothing and going on 3 years? Please Weebly, do tell what is holding up the implementation of a COD option at checkout. We, who are located outside of the Occident, need this option to be made available to our customers, otherwise we keep losing business!

Message 37 of 55

Yes, it would be important possibility to add different no cash payment order: cod, bank transfer, other. My clients send me an email with the list they want pay with cod or bank transfer and I have to cut manually every quantity by inventory. It's not easy.

Message 44 of 55

Why is there no response to this and other issues from weebly?

Message 44 of 55

Hi. Is there no resolve on this cash on delivery option yet? I would appreciate an answer to this?

Message 44 of 55

Hey everyone, I just purchased the business plan too and I was shocked that no cash option or alternative method to pay was available.

Clearly this is because Weebly wants the highest commission from the transactions. Probably because Weebly is owned by Square. So, unfortunately, an alternative platform may be necessary as this is beyond annoying.

Message 44 of 55
Square

I'm sorry if it was not more clear that this was not an available feature. If you purchased the plan for this option I can issue a refund within 30 days for you. 

Message 44 of 55