x
Square

How to Take Awesome Product Photographs Easily and Cheaply

Weebly makes it super-easy to build your online store quickly and easily, and you know when you’re finished that it’ll look great on any device.  But what about your product photographs? How your product looks in the images on your site can sometimes be the deciding factor for a customer choosing to purchase.  It’s also important that your images accurately reflect what you’re selling, so your customers can be confident that what they ultimately receive is what they saw in the images on your site.

Fortunately, in today’s world you don’t need to hire a photographer or have an expensive studio to take great shots.  As Ezra Myers shows in this article called “Product Photography Using Your Phone, you can take all the images you need just using your phone.  The trick is setting up the shot correctly, and Melissa Haney illustrates how you can do that in her article called “Product Photography on a Budget.

That’s not all you can do to make things easier and get better results, as Holley Cardew shows in her article “Product Photography Tips for Your Online Store.

I know I personally have everything I’d need in my home right now to use the advice above, and I bet anyone reading this does, too. Have you tried the advice in these articles from our Inspiration Center? Feel free to share the results!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Yes but should YOU be taking product photos or leave that to a pro and get on with investing your time in your website, marketing, publicity, fulfilment and YOUR BUSINESS?

Its not "free" its still using your time and time is money right?

A good product photographer will give you great shots that stand out and as they are geared up for it they will be fast too and should be reasonably priced. Don't your products deserve the best chance to impress your potential customers in those few fleeting seconds that their eyeballs land on your page?

Yes I am a product photographer and therefore biased, but my job is to give you great shots that make your products stand out from the home shot crowd and save you time, allowing you to focus on your business.

If you have not contacted a photographer, why not give it a go and see if you wouldn't be better off leaving the work to them.

Rant over 🙂

Peter.
Message 2 of 3
Square

There's no one single way to get great product photos, and having a professional photographer do them will definitely result in some amazing photos.  I could fix that wonky outlet in my living room, but I'd much rather let a professional electrician do it. Smiley Happy Thanks for commenting!

Message 3 of 3