x

Changing aspect ratio in item details changes all items

I just started creating a site, and I understand why you need to select an aspect ratio (crop) in a category/gallery for the layout, but when the user clicks on an item they need to be able to see the full image.  I tried changing the aspect ratio on the individual items (in 'Item Page' > 'Item Details' > 'Image Gallery'), but when I do this it changes all of the items.  It does say at the top of the page that 'This is a template...changes...will apply to all item pages.", which makes sense for the styles and layouts, but not for the crop/ratio of an individual item. In fact there should be an uncropped option for the ratio, since there is nothing else on the page it needs to align with when you are just looking at the details for one image.  I tried creating a horizontal category and a vertical category, but when I change the aspect ratio on the category it affects all the categories also - seems like this setting should be unique per category/gallery.  How do you get a full image to show in the item details when you have some horizontal images and some vertical?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Thanks for posting, @amartin. I would edit your original item images and add some white space to some so that all your item images use a uniform aspect ratio.

Message 4 of 3

That's a **bleep** solution. Allowing the images to work IN THE THEME BEING PAID FOR would be better. 

Message 4 of 3