x

Change of Shop Pages - I am FURIOUS!

For the past 2 1/2 years I have been offering a weekend freebie. I heavily promote this and I have always had it linked to my "New, New, New" shop page. For the freebie, I change the price to $0. I move it to the first item on that page. People go to that page to download my freebie and while they are there, they do more shopping. Now, Weebly doesn't allow that anymore. I have to put my freebie on my home page as just a download. The problem with this is that they don't see my other items and don't shop. They get their download and move on. For the past 2 1/2 years, this marketing idea has brought me several hundred dollars a month and even more during the Christmas holidays. This weekend, since I couldn't put it on my shopping pages, I've made under $12.00. Why did they change this? I hate the thought of moving almost 700 items to a new website, but I'm beginning to think it is time. Can someone tell me why the change?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Thanks for your post, @sheryl.

It's not clear to me what actually changed with your shop. Are you saying that in the list of items your free item is no longer listed first?

Message 7 of 6

I'm saying that I used to be able to change the price of an item in my shop to $0 so it can be a freebie for the weekend, then change it back. When I tried last weekend I got a message saying that any item of $0 will not show up on your shop pages. I had to upload it to my homepage and my people downloaded it from there instead of going through the shopping system.

Message 7 of 6
Square

Ahh, ok. Where did that message show? I wasn't aware we would hide an item from your Shop All page if the price was zero.

Message 7 of 6

I did get that message again (Friday) but decided to chance it anyway and the item did show up in my shop. I don't know why the message? Is that something that is planned for the future? I hope not.

Message 7 of 6
Square

I've not heard that something like that is in the works, although I would expect something like that to have a toggle or something similar so you have a choice whether it works or not.

Message 7 of 6