x

Posting a Document and Scribd Won't Let us View

Hey there!  So I used weebly all last year, had no issues with viewing documents, but on my new phone (iphone 6S), when I go to view my newsletter the Scribd logo is there and so I click that but then it redirects to a Scribd page and says the document is set to private viewing (but it's not, in my settings I have public viewing).  Any help is appreciated!!!

M

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

I've been trying to post some documents to my site via Scribd but when I go back to check them, it says the document has been removed.  You can still see the preview version; it only happens when you click the expand-to-full-screen button.  Any help would be welcome!

Message 27 of 36
Square

Can you try deleting the element you're having trouble with, adding a new one, then re-uploading your file?

Message 27 of 36

It is dissappointing to find this thread.  My students are not able to download a document on thier Macs or iPads.  Scribd say this is private.  How do we change these?

http://clcisb.weebly.com/on-site-grades-6-8.html .  The last document is the one they needed. 

Please help.

Message 27 of 36
Square

The simplest solution is to add a download link underneat the file preview using a text link or button. You can use the "file upload" option when creating a link, and upload the file with that.

Message 27 of 36

I am having this exact same issue with my site. We have embedded a Doc using Scribd. You can view it just fine from a desktop, but when you look on a mobile device, it says "Sorry! This document is not publicly available." 

I have never created an account with Scribd, just used it through Weebly, so I wouldn't know where to go mark a document as public. 

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Thanks! 

Message 27 of 36

Did you find a solution. This is a very very annoying problem?

Message 36 of 36

I am having the same / similar problem to other posters in this thread.

Some more details and an example:

On the following page of my Weebly site, I have a document embedded using the "Document" element in the Weebly page builder:

http://www.stmarys-stjames.org/weekly-sheet-st-marys.html

If I click on the "fullscreen" button, in the toolbar at the bottom of the embed window, on my Windows 10 PC it goes to this URL:

https://www.scribd.com/document/347213641/2017-04-30?secret_password=MWGmK0nBkpirPWig8xIl&from_embed

However if I click on that same "fullscreen" button on my iPhone, it goes to this URL:

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/347213641/2017-04-30?skip_app_promo=true

So it seems that when it is formatted for mobile, it does not pass the password through to Scribd. Is there any way that the Weebly developers could fix this?

Message 36 of 36

Hello antonvaltaz! I haven't had the password prompt appear on desktop here yet. Are you able to clear the cache on your browser and see if it persists for you?

Message 36 of 36

I have been uploading a new version of the same document for several years now and only recently (since Scribd has been involved)  have I encountered this same issue. This appears to be an issue with Weebly and not our computers. Please see if there is a way to fix this for us!

Message 36 of 36
Square

Are you uploading a new document to the same element that you've had for a few years, or are you adding a brand new element to the page and uploading to that?

Message 36 of 36

I have read through the entire thread, and the Admins don't seem to understand???

I have several PDF's posted on my site, hosted on SCRIBD, that can be accessed, viewed and downloaded on my personal computers, computers at school, computers at work. I have tried them all.

But if I try to access through an Ipad or Phone (android or iphone) SCRIBD says that it is private. There is definitely a miscommunication between Weebly and SCRIBD.

Please fix this. 

Message 36 of 36

Can you please provide the status of the fix for viewing docs on Weebly from a mobile device.

Message 36 of 36
Square

My understanding is that Scribd's embed does not work on mobile devices, unfortunately. If you're embedding PDF files, you might want to give this app a try:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/file-embed?ref=ac-search

Message 36 of 36

why did Scribd work on phones... but not now? what changed?

have you got Scribd to fix it?... you need to get them to make everything through weebly auto-set to public and then email your clients to inform them that if they want privacy set... they need to do that again

i have over 50 documents in Scribd on my website and I'm not planning on going through all of that and switching it up when there are hundreds of your users experiencing this problem. 

can you please coordinate with Scribd 

Message 36 of 36

I am having the same problem! I am new to Weebly this school year, but never had this problem with the document viewer I used on my school's website.  I was warned by others at my site that use Weebly that the Scribd feature was frustratingly slow...but I did not realize that  it would also be undependable.  Documents I personally create each week to communicate with parents are randomly "removed"...can't be a copyright issue because I write them each week myself!  I'm hoping there is a more reliable system out there that Weebly can use rather than Scribd to keep people from jumping ship.

Message 37 of 36