x

Full Resolution images in gallery view?

I created a gallery on my site to archive my comics to make it easier for my consumers. However when you click the images they open at a smaller size instead of remaining in full resolution and thus are difficult to read. Is there any way to change this so that images pop up at their full resolution?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

My guess is you're unfamiliar with the notion that Google likes sites which load fast - and the only way to get sites to load fast is to make sure that images are appropriately sized.  Full resolution is really not a good idea.

I'm just wondering whether you're archiving:
1) comics you've created yourself or
2) comics you've bought that were created by other people.

If (2) then It's very likely that you have a major problem with copyright infringement and may become liable for financial claims from the publishers. 

If Weebly were to get a notice from the copyright owners re. infringement they'd have to take your site down - otherwise they'd become liable too.

Just something to think about if you ever upload images which are copyright restricted.

Images you see on the Internet are not automatically free to use elsewhere

Message 6 of 7

These are comics I have created. My website is my gallery/commision site and my patrons from Patreon wanted a site where it would be easier to keep track of all the pages. I'm not daft I know how copyright works.

That... that first notion makes no sense. Are you saying google has restricted weebly to the point where you can't click on an image and have it appear in it's uploaded resolution? I've had to resort to telling my consumers to "right-click and select view image" to see the full size.

The full size of the readable versions is 878x1227 so they're not huge.

Message 6 of 7
Square

Can you provide a link to the page where you added these, @Sio? The image popup shouldn't be smaller than the icon itself.

Also, one other thing you can do is link each image using the file option, then upload the original image as the file.

Message 6 of 7

Apologies Sio - this query very often comes from people who don't know a lot about uploading images and copyright.

Message 6 of 7

I'm running into the same issue with my content I'm trying to upload. 

Ironically, it's also a Comic that I've created and need it to be in its original resolution. 

Message 8 of 7
Square

Our Gallery element will always do some image size conversion, so I don't know that it would be the best solution for your comic images, @Takkin. There are some third party gallery options in our App Center:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/gallery

I have not used these myself, so I don't know what you could expect in terms of image changes. It'd be worth checking them out, though, since you might be able to get what you need there.

Message 8 of 7