x

Can't access site to edit

I can log into weebly but when I click on "Edit my Site" a message comes up that it can't be reached.

https://6440389-820568445575011314.preview.editmysite.com

My McAfee virus checker also sent me a message that it was a dangerous site and that it was a threat to my computer.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Klopt. Mij overkomt precies hetzelfde. Doet zich sinds kort voor, maar ik heb ook geen oplossing.

Message 14 of 14
Square

@rg1 @Recojo

Can both of you please provide some more detailed information? The team is trying to narrow down the cause of this. Thanks! 

-Browser and version_
-Operating system_
-Firewall_
-ISP_
-Location_
-Device (modem/router) brand_
-Screenshot of error_ 

Kunnen jullie allebei wat meer gedetailleerde informatie geven? Het team probeert de oorzaak hiervan te achterhalen. Bedankt!

-Browser en versie_
-Besturingssysteem_
-Firewall_
-ISP_
-Plaats_
-Apparaat (modem / router) brand_
-Screenshot of error_

Message 14 of 14

Same issue for me started yesterday and is not resolved.

I am using an HP laptop with windows 10 and McAffee

I disabled McAffe, but no affect. 

First tried in explorer and got the 404 error message - page not found plus a black box with spinning wheel that says loading.

Then tried chrome. No 404 message - just the black loading box spinning endlessly.

Recently I had a warning from McAffee about potential danger at weebly re: expired security certificate

Message 14 of 14
Square

If disabling all versions of McAfee does not help we will need to look into this further. Can you please submit a ticket to our support center? They will tag you to receive an update once we have a resolution.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 14 of 14

I have also been unable to edit my site for over 48 hours now, but I am able to visit the site. My site is:-

https://ourblackcountryallotment.weebly.com

Many thanks.

Message 15 of 14
Square

Do you have any McAfee products installed, @Spud? If so can you try disabling that temporarily?

Message 15 of 14

Ik heb het zelfde probleem zoals hier en het werkt weer als je de firewall van McAfee uitschakeld maar dat wil je niet dus in de firewall bij Net gaurd moet je het ip adress deblokkeren en dan werkt het weer. 

Message 15 of 14

I am having this issue also. I have contacted for live chat 3 times now to resolve it and I have not received a single response from the chat team. Not a word even to say that I was not alone in this issue. Very frustrating - I can see the sites on the dashboard but when you click through to edit it goes pinwheel with some stupid non-smiley rectangular page type icon. Utterly useless support.

The only (cold) comfort is that it seems to be an issue for others as well.

Poor show Weebly.

Message 15 of 14

I disabled McAffee and that appears to have worked - but probably only for that time period set - 15 minutes. So I don't have to do this in the future, what do I do to get weebly past the firewall and antivirus. I will need simple guidance as I anm no technician. Thank you. 

Message 15 of 14
Square

Sorry about that, @Lano4606. We're working with McAfee and should hopefully have that fixed soon. They seem to think it's just a false positive so it shouldn't be too hard for them to fix it on their end.

Message 15 of 14

Ok Adam, Thanks for getting back to me. This is clearly a better option to get a response than the chat option as no-one got back to me after 3 attempts. 

Appreciate your help and it is good to know that something is happening as its clear I'm not the only one affected.

Have a good evening,

Tony

Message 15 of 14

Thanks Adam, it certainly was a McAfee problem.  Thankffully all fixed now.

RG1

Message 15 of 14

After trying every browser on my computer and still not being able to edit, I ended up editing my site on my mobile phone and then later in the day on my computer at home.

Next day on my office computer I still couldn't edit my site so I turned off the McAfee firewall for 20 minutes, this allowed me to edit on my office computer.  Later on in the day I was able to edit my site without turning off the McAfee firewall so the glitch seemed to go away.

Message 15 of 14