x

Where does Google tag manager go in the SEO header code/footer code box?

I'm trying to implement Google tag manager. It tells me to put the first tag at the top of the header code. However, I already have Google's global site tag in this box. Should I put the tag manager before or after the global site tag? 

I've also put the Google tag that is supposed to go in the body code individually onto each page using an embed code, following advice on another thread. However, I noticed on the SEO page, it gives Google Analytics tracking code as an example of something that should be put into the footer box. Which is the right place to put this other code? Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

You can put that code before or after what you already have in Settings > SEO > Header Code, @Sho - it won't matter which is first within that field. 

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Adam, that's really helpful

Message 2 of 6

Just checking - did I put the body code tag in the right place (ie on each individual page) or should I have put it in the SEO footer?

Message 2 of 6
Square

Is the body tag code different for each page or the same? If it's the same, you could actually put it in Settings > SEO > Footer Code. That'll add it before the closing </body> tag to all pages of your site.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Adam, I'll try that

Message 2 of 6