x

Google analytics "code"

Weebly says "Paste the tracking code from Google Analytics into the Footer Code section."

Does that mean the entire tracking code <script> ....</script>,

...or just the Tracking ID (as some other website builders use)?

Thank you

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It will work in either field, @rentedmule. Both are included on all pages of your site and it just affects where on the page the code is added. In the case of analytics code from Google it works in both.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

It appears that the entire bit of code <script> ... blah, blah gtag ... </script> should appear in the Footer Code section of the SEO page.

From what I can tell, you do not have to include this code on every single page for GA to analyze specific page visits.

Message 2 of 10
Square

Hi @rentedmule As long as you put the code under Settings>SEO>Header/Footer, it will cover the entire site. No need to place it on the individual pages. 

Message 2 of 10

Header and/or Footer?    Either location?

Thx

Message 2 of 10

It states clearly which code you put in which box:

@rentedmuleimage

Message 2 of 10

I'm not the one who replied with "Header/Footer".    That's why I asked.

Save the attitude.

Message 2 of 10
Square

Best Answer

It will work in either field, @rentedmule. Both are included on all pages of your site and it just affects where on the page the code is added. In the case of analytics code from Google it works in both.

Message 2 of 10

Thank you, Adam

GA says to include the code in the Header.    Then I was advised either will work.     I have it in Footer now and it seems to function properly.

Thx again.

~mule~

Message 2 of 10

FYI, you really don't need any code.  I researched this extensively and wrote up a quick blog post describing.  You really only need to add the Google Analytics ID in two places (unfortuneately in two formats).

Complete description here:
Configure Weebly / Square Online Store for Google Analytics ECommerce 

Message 9 of 10
Square

Thanks for sharing, @JenniBeachHouse! Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 10