x

Favicon changed back to Weebly logo?

Hi,

I have a Pro site from Weebly and have a custom favicon which I uploaded etc... There were no problems. Now, after not having done anything with the website for a few days, I suddenly see that the favicon went back to the Weebly logo. Even though mine is still uploaded (I tried uploading it again but no change). 

I did update Windows today. Not sure if that's got anything to do with it???

In any case, according to the Settings I have my custom favicon, no problems. It just won't show on the website anymoreimage 😞

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Update: in Chrome the favicon is correct. But in Explorer it's not.

Message 2 of 11
Square

Favicons are cached differently by browsers, so that cache can take a little while to clear. If you give it a little while it should update in Internet Explorer. Also, if you are using Internet Explorer I would recommend updating to MIcrosoft Edge. Microsoft no longer releases updates for Internet Explorer, so you're going to have it issues with that over time.

Message 2 of 11

The thing is, the favicon was correct for a week or two. It changed back recently.
(And sorry, yes, I meant Edge not Explorer.)

Message 2 of 11

@mvdb 

Try clearing ur cache/coookies    and up date ur browsers

Message 2 of 11

Yes I think maybe it happened after I updated Windows??

Cookies deleted etc, no use... 

Message 2 of 11
Square

That's pretty strange for it to revert just in Edge. Hmm... Maybe try restarting your computer?

Message 2 of 11

🙂 Did that.

Message 2 of 11
Square

Did it help? I wasn't sure from your reply.

Message 2 of 11

Sorry!

No, sadly that didn't help... 

Message 2 of 11
Square

Have you checked other browsers or a different device? I don't think this would cause it, but sometimes routers cache information. You can clear it by unplugging the modem and router, and then waiting at least 30 seconds before plugging back in. I _might_ have Edge on my home computer and can try to check. Or maybe something in the custom code is causing it to not display properly on Edge? It is strange that it's only happening on one browser! 

Message 2 of 11