x

How can I remove certain people from group contact lists

I am trying to remove old members from a list of contacts so tha when I send an email to just that group, they are no longer recieving the information. They were a memer but left that specific group. I don't want to delete them completely from the overall mailign list, just the affiliated group. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Hi @AshT Hmm.. I'm not seeing anyway to edit the individual mailing list (other than deleting the contact from All Contacts). How does someone become part of (I'm assuming) Members - Cosmic Soul? Do they have to purchase the monthly option and how are they added to the mailing list? Is it something that is part of an automated trigger? 

Message 2 of 5

Yes, they purchase through the Paid Members app and are automatically added to the site. I was able to figure out how to segment but not remove old members in order to send them emails each month. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Square

I don't believe there's a way to remove someone from a particular segment or mailing list other than to completely delete them as a contact. If you remove them completely, you could re-add them as a contact again and then add them back to whichever segments they should still be in. It's not very efficient, but it should work.

Message 4 of 5

That is not really a solution - certainly not for any number of contacts. Not good enough for a paid Promote service

Cheers Cathy

Message 6 of 5