x

Creating a member only page

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a member only page on my website. For the pages on my site there is no option in the visibility tab for member only (only public or password protected). 

I'm wondering if this problem is because I have weebly for education and if that's the case then what's the point of allowing membership with weebly for education if you can't have member only access....

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

I don't think Square offers a members only page with their own log in. The only way you could do it would be to password prtect your site. The only drawback to that is everyone you invite would have to use the same password.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Thanks for posting, @Inero. This is indeed because you have an Education account; I don't think it's supposed to show Membership options on the Settings tab, so that might actually be a bug. Are you using any of the features of Education (classes and students)? If not we could convert your account to a standard account.

Message 8 of 10

I am not using any of the education features. I might have originally when I got it (I'm a teacher) but I no longer am. Can I convert it to a standard account?

Message 8 of 10

@Adam how can I switch to a standard accound from the education account?

Message 8 of 10
Square

We can do that for you, although the Pro upgrade you bought isn't compatible with a standard account. If you want to use the features of Pro you'd need to upgrade any sites in your account to standard site-level plans.

Message 8 of 10

what's the difference in cost? My renewal date for my current pro account is May 4, would the cost be offset for that or would I have to pay for the new pro account starting now?

Message 8 of 10
Square

We can add any remaining credit to your account. The standard Pro cost is $144/yr but there is also a monthly option. 

Message 8 of 10

I've seen earlier posts saying creating members-only sections was disabled in the move from Weebly to Square. Are there any plans to bring that function back?

What I want to do is have a public-facing website with no customer account link showing, and a private members-only section with the options to buy products and make payments. Is that possible? Could I do that by creating two websites? Thank you.

Message 8 of 10
Square Champion

Best Answer

I don't think Square offers a members only page with their own log in. The only way you could do it would be to password prtect your site. The only drawback to that is everyone you invite would have to use the same password.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @knickerbockerwm - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Super Sellers, @rtfulk, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10