x

Site is not navigating to home page

Grateful for any help - 

I have a fairly simple site set up - just 4 sections: home, services, about, contact.

In "pages" the "home" page is at the top, and the icon appears that tells me it's the main page for the site; however, when I actually navigate to the site via a browser, it brings me to one of the other pages - not the home page. 

I can't seem to troublshoot this, as all settings appear to point to it being set up correctly. I'm not particularly experienced in building/ designing, just helping a friend manage their web presence!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

@RoseZ 

What is the URL of your site so someone can take a look?

Message 6 of 5

Hi - right, that is a critical piece of info!

www.wylieroberts.ca

It is navigating to the "services" page, rather than "home." and the menu at top of screen is arranged such that one would expect the "services" page to be in the designated "home" spot in the builder, but it's not! It's very puzzling. 

Message 6 of 5
Square

I think the url should be www.wylieroberts.com? I see the .com in your account, but not the .ca site.

The navigation for the .com site is out of order. Log into the Weebly editor and click on Pages. Drag/drop the page titled Home to the top of the list, and then re-publish the site. 

Message 6 of 5

Oh- sorry, yes you're exactly right it is .com - her old site was .ca, got mixed up!

Here is the struggle I am having: in the editor, the "home" page IS at the top of the list! It has the little "home" icon beside it and everything. and yet!

I will try unpublishing and publishing again - thank you very much!

Message 6 of 5