x

Screen Size Reduction

Hi - I am at the stage of focusing on how my site looks like in different sizes (mobile, tablet, ipad etc) which, yes I KNOW I should have done at the begining but I didn't....so.....

I have found that using the Carousel app by Waddons is brilliant for bringing columns in line better than not using it basically so thank you very much to Waddons for this app. BUT what would be REALLY helpful is to figure out a way to basically shrink the entire site view to fit the medium size views like ipad, tablets etc (kind of the same way I can press CTRL+- or+ if I want to shrink or expand the size of this screen right now so the whole thing has been reduced in size).

Is there anything I can do to achieve this? To shrink everything within certain parameters - font, images etc?

Thanks yet again to anyone who can help on this!

Rachel

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

If you're using a responsive theme that should already happen automatically, unless what you're looking for is for the site to look identical to the desktop site but smaller.

Message 9 of 8

Hi Adam

Yes that is exactly what I am asking about. Is that possible? Obviously not in mobile view but I am thinking more in medium sized devices like tablets....

Thanks

Rachel

Message 9 of 8
Square

Possibly through some CSS customization, although it's a little more complicated than other changes.  Are you familiar with CSS?

Message 9 of 8

Hi Adam

Thanks for getting in contact - yes I have had experience in "tinkering" with the code so am happy to give it a go. I think the main thing I notice is when I shrink the screen to various sizes the size of the text (Blockquotes and Title Elements) stay the same size - is this normal? In an ideal world the text would shrink as would the images (thinking in ipad, tablet, small laptop versions).

Is it the @Media parts of the code I should be looking at? Or is it the Blockquote/Title elements I should be looking at?

Thanks again,

Rachel

Message 9 of 8
Square

Those should change on their own, @Re-Made, although if I'm looking at the correct site you have a custom theme so it's possible it might behave differently. Code in the different @media queries is where you want to look, though, since that's where you can add rules to control things on different screen sizes.

Message 9 of 8

Hi Adam - thanks forthis and I thought they should. The underlying theme is Slick but I did make some changes to the code around blockquotes to get it to the style I wanted (in addition to changing the code for the buttons too) so I might need to look at that again. otherwise I will have a look at the @Media queries like you said.

Thanks again 🙂

Rachel

Message 9 of 8
Square

No problem!

Message 9 of 8