x

How do i CHANGE the image that facebook uses with the website link

When I post my website link www.kristyleerackha.com on a facebook post, it's using a picture that I don't want there.  I think it's picking it up from the footer, but perhaps not?  

Is there some way to choose what picture is linked to the web address for all social media posts?

Love your help please!  It's frustrating me and I'm launching in September!  Need to iron out the bugs!

cheers

Kristy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square

It should be picking up more images than that, @creativek. Can you try adding another picture to the home page of your site near that top that is at least 200 pixels by 200 pixels in size.  If you want, you could delete the photo on the top left, add it again with new image element, the re-publish.

Let me know once you've done this and I'll see if Facebook will scrape a different image.

Message 2 of 14

I have the same problem. Followed your instructions above, but still there is aperaring a not wanted picture in the link to my website on Facebook.

Sijbrand

Message 3 of 14
Square

Which site in your account are you having trouble with, @ArieK-SK?

Message 4 of 14

The site I have trouble with is www.postactievemarinevereniging.nl.

After removing the not wanted former picture now there is another not wanted picture (the big one at the homepage) visible in Facebook. The picture I want to been seen is the most upper picture on the leftside of the homepage (see below). How can I arrange that picture as visible in Facebook?

Sijbrand

Message 5 of 14

ArieK-SK, try using their debug tool to give them a fresh scrape of your site info:

http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

Message 6 of 14

I am having the same issue, and am not finding the solution to the problem. I was able to see the image that is being used through the suggested "debugger", but was unable to see any options to actually CHANGE the image. It is currently some random text from the middle of my page, instead of a profile pic or even a piece of my header pic. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 14
Square

What's the URL that you're trying this with, @designsbydee4u? I'll take a look.

Message 8 of 14

Thank you, Adam. It is my webpage designsbydee4u.com

Message 9 of 14
Square

Facebook is scanning your home page for any standard images that are at least 200 pixels by 200 pixels or larger. On your home page, this is pretty much limited to your cursive text images. Try adding a standard image above your cursive text images. 

Message 10 of 14

Hi guys, 

Same issue here. I want to use my banner image but its not picked up and also the facebook debug tool doesn't find itAnythingng in weebly I can change?

its about www.miguelbaumann.com

Thanks!

Message 11 of 14
Square

Sorry for the confusion, @MB1. Background images will not be used by Facebook because of how they are used within a page. Facebook will only use standard image elements, so you'd need to add a regular image that is at least 200x200 pixels to the page. It's currently using the one regular image element you have farther down right now.

Message 12 of 14

Hi Adam, 
I'm having the same thing. In my case it is not picking up any image from the website. 
Could you take a look ? Love to know what I need to change. 

www.mira-mira.be
Thanks in advance.
Hannah

Message 15 of 14
Square

Hi @HannahdeGroot I ran the url through the Facebook Debugger tool, and I'm showing an image is displayed. Do you still need help with this? 

Message 15 of 14