x

How do I remove the words "My Site" in SEO

I just realized I need to edit the SEO for all my pages, when doing this the words "My Site" don't go away. Is there a reason for this? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

@JennyPat 

Go into SETTINGS    thats the main settings   not page seo settings.

Check GENERAL     and the next the down SEO

Uve got   MY SITE typed in somewhere

Message 15 of 14

Actually I don't have it typed in, if you look at the image I posted you can see in the text box what I do have typed. I can find no way to remove those words, and wonder if there is a reason. You say go to "main settings" where do I find that? I have looked all around and the only SEO settings I find are "Page settings"

Message 15 of 14
Square

Go to Website > General Settings and. see what you have entered there for your site title, @JennyPat. Is it "My Site"?

Message 15 of 14

Found it.........thank you, I was really confused!

Message 15 of 14

Hi  @JennyPat     you are on  the PAGE SETTINGS    u need MAIN SETTINGS....     BUT do you have the  new editor experience.  ? Things are slightly different there....  but on the original editor     , site settings  or main settings are as here ( on the top row):

Message 15 of 14

Sorry  @Adam     didnt notice ur reply there     before i added one

Message 15 of 14
Square

No worries, @whitemonkey. It's always great to see customers trying to help each other. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 14

Thank you, but I am using Weebly through my Square account, and it doesn't look anything like this!

I did find the answer though. 

Message 15 of 14

@JennyPat  thats great

Happy monday

Message 15 of 14

OK I am still having trouble, in the Page title on my home page SEO I have put in this:

Quilted in Clay Polymer Clay Jewelry | Jennifer Patterson Designs

But when previewing in my Browser I see this:

IF I go into my general settings and add "Quilted in Clay Polymer Clay Jewelry | Jennifer Patterson Designs" to my site title, it then adds that to ALL my pages......which is wrong. 

I am using Weebly through my Square account......am I missing something?

Message 15 of 14
Square

Hi @JennyPat It looks like your last publish was a month ago. Can you please update your SEO settings and then publish the site?

Message 15 of 14

Sure I will do that now, I didn't know it was necessary as I do not want to officially publish it yet......it's not ready!!
Message 15 of 14
Square

You can wait to publish. However, the changes you make will not update until you republish. 

Message 15 of 14