x

How do I add the new Google Analytics 4 tracking code?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

I have entered my google id but what do I place for code in the tracking for Cart, payments and receipt pages? - also could I get some details as to what the purpose of these are?

Also, I am hopeful that the new google id's work as your prompt still says UA and they now start with G-.

Thanks

Cory

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @CoryAcornArt. You don't need to add anything to those fields unless you are going to set up conversion tracking or other advanced tracking like that. As for the new GA code itself, you'll need to do the following right now:

Copy the code from this guide on how to add Google Analytics 4. Replaced the MEASUREMENT_ID with your GA- code. Copy everything, then add a header code for your site and paste all of the code into that, then publish.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Best Answer

Hi @CoryAcornArt. You don't need to add anything to those fields unless you are going to set up conversion tracking or other advanced tracking like that. As for the new GA code itself, you'll need to do the following right now:

Copy the code from this guide on how to add Google Analytics 4. Replaced the MEASUREMENT_ID with your GA- code. Copy everything, then add a header code for your site and paste all of the code into that, then publish.

Message 3 of 2