x

Close/delete account

Hi,

I wish to close my account as it's been moved to AWS and godaddy.  I've remove payment options but what else do I need to do to fully close the account?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Thanks for your post, @Aine. Are you using your custom domain name with your new site but still managing it here, or did you transfer it to GoDaddy?

Message 25 of 24

Hi Adam,

It was transferred to GoDaddy, so domain registration is with GoDaddy, code etc is on AWS.

Message 25 of 24
Square

When did you transfer the domain? I still see an active domain name in your account, @Aine.

Message 25 of 24

@Bernadette the account was noted as transfered by GoDaddy on 25th August so domain registration is now with them plus page is now fully hosted on AWS.  As mentioned I've already removed payment details so just trying to ensure this account is properly closed down.

Message 25 of 24
Square

Not a problem. Domain transfers can take 7-10 business days so it should already show the domain as removed. Can you please double check on Go Daddy's end and make sure you see the domain listed in your products? 

Message 25 of 24

@Bernadette  yes, the domain is shown in my GoDaddy products account, the website also being publically displayed with from the AWS account code and has been since late August. The only piece outstanding is closing this account properly.

Message 25 of 24
Square

Ok, all you need to do is click on the menu on the top right, then click on Account settings. Once on your account management page, click on Manage Account on the left and then click the button to deactivate your account.

Message 25 of 24

There is no "deactivate your account." button, just "Change Email" or "Change Password" - can you advise?

Message 25 of 24
Square

I see the button directly below the buttons to change your email address and password:

Do you not see that?

Message 25 of 24

It isn't there for me to see. 😕

Message 25 of 24
Square

Ok. I'll send you a PM to follow up.

Message 25 of 24

Can you also send me a PM? It's not visible for me either.

Message 25 of 24
Square

Hi @maudite. The instructions may be different for you, but if you log into your account and navigate to the same Account page you will just need to click My Details and then "delete my data and forget me". Please keep in mind that this will delete ALL of your information for Weebly including your website and files. 

Message 25 of 24

I also don't have anywhere to click to cose my account. I have moved to a different provider, removed payment and still cant close weebly store

Message 25 of 24
Square

Hi @Rustic1 I've removed the hosting service from your account so you will not be charged again. Are you planning on transferring the domain, or will you be keeping it in your Weebly account? 

Message 25 of 24

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem as above -- I can't see a "deactivate account" option in my account settings anywhere. Could someone please help me delete my account?

Thanks!

Message 25 of 24
Square

Hi @Rosie21

Log into your account and click the dropdown in the top right corner of the dashboard. Click on Account Settings > Manage Account and then you should see the "deactivate account" option at the bottom of the popup box. 

Message 25 of 24

Thanks for your response. As I said, I'm having the same issue as the poster above - I don't have the "deactivate account" option in my account settings. I've attached a screenshot but it's exactly the same as above.

Message 25 of 24
Square

Do you have a My Data tab, @Rosie21? If you do then you can request that we forget your data. The main difference is with that option it will be a GDPR forget request, and will result in us completely removing everything (meaning we would not be able to restore the account or sites in the future).

Message 25 of 24

Ah ok, thanks Adam - this would be the same as deleting my account?

Message 25 of 24