x

Acquiring contacts for a mailing list - Connect plan

I'm really struggling with how to use a form to acquire subscribers' email addresses to put in my mailing list, and send emails out to the mailing list. I have a 'Connect' plan and wondered if it is adequate for what I want to do. I want to include a form on my website that people can use to subscribe to a mailing list. I don't really want to use the pop-up thing as I think that would be annoying. Would the 'contact' form be adequate? Then when I look at my options for emailing, it seems I only have a free trial with two emails allowed. So I assume I have to pay more to actually send emails to my mailing list, right? Only I can't see how much that would cost. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Thanks for your post, @Jane66. A contact form could definitely work for that. What service are you going to use for your mailing list? For example, if you are using MailChimp they provide an embeddable form you can add to your site.

Message 5 of 4

Thanks Adam,

I was thinking that I'd just use the mailing list option available through Weebly - or am I misunderstanding something here? Can I actually do that? Why would I need mailchimp? I'm really struggling with this whole thing. I'm not sure if the 'Connect' account gives the option for sending bulk emails to mailing lists. I just want something simple and cheap - maybe that's too much to hope for!

Cheers,

Jane.

Message 5 of 4
Square

You can use our own marketing tools or MailChimp - whichever fits your budget and needs the best, really. Our marketing plans are a separate service and charge from site upgrades. If you go to the marketing page of your dashboard and click on an upgrade link you can compare plans. 

Message 5 of 4