x

Need to delete a website but can't access account

I've been wanting to delete an old site that I created over a decade ago, but I can't access my account or reset my password since I can't recover the e-mail address that I used.

Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Hey Adam. I have the same problem. I have a website that I can’t access but I want it to be taken down. I had to make it when I was 14 for a class (7 years ago) but I don’t want it on the web anymore. Is there anyway you could help? Thank you
Message 26 of 77

hi can u please assist me on deleting a website i no longer have access to please. This concerns my safety when people try to search my name please. Thank you

Message 26 of 77

Hello, I had a website I used in high school for one of my classes, but I not longer have access to the email or the account and I want to delete the site. Is it possible for someone to do this? 
http://miranda-glyder-digital-media.weebly.com

Message 26 of 77
Square

Hey there, @Miranda008 👋

It looks like this website is already unpublished, unless there's a typo in the URL? Please let us know if you still need assistance. Thanks! 😊

Message 26 of 77

I have the same issue ! Can my website be deleted for me please? The link is thisisme721.weebly.com

Message 28 of 77
Square

Hi @gabriella335 The website you posted is not loading a site. Did you already have someone help you out with this? 

Message 28 of 77

Hi. I have the same issue. Can this website be deleted? irishtabern.weebly.com

Message 30 of 77
Square

The website you posted is not published, @tabernilla. Please let us know if you have additional questions. 

Message 30 of 77

i cannot access an old account and I need to delete a website I made as it's causing conflicting info with prospective jobs. How can I do this?

Message 34 of 77
Square

The site is unpublished @Alsteffan820 Please let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Message 34 of 77

@Bernadette wrote:

The site is unpublished @Alsteffan820 Please let us know if you need help with anything else. 

I have the same issue, years ago some old friends and I made a gag website with embarressing photos that no longer reflect us, our values, or our sense of humor. We no longer have access to the email used to create it. @Bernadette I'm no longer comfortable with having these photos publically viewable adn am wondering if it's possible to have the domain  deleted. https://johnsbeautifulbody.weebly.com/

Message 34 of 77
Admin

Hi @AlfonzoBernul! I'm stepping in for Bernadette real fast. We were able to unpublish your page, but if you want the account fully closed you will need to fill out an Account Recovery form to sign in and do that. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 34 of 77

Hi I have the same problem. A high school group project, atleast a decade old, pops up when you google our names. @Bernadette , @AshleyK , can you help me delete this page please?  https://aronbielski.weebly.com/

Message 36 of 77
Square

The site has been unpublished for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Message 36 of 77

I need to be removed from an old website my former supervior once gave me access to several years ago. 

I am trying to set up a webssite for my small business, but can't begin because her website is still on my account. However, beacuse I no longer have access to that page, I can't remove myself from it. This leaves me stuck, unable to unconnect from that website, and unable to create my own.

Message 44 of 77
Square

Hi @gdiamab What was the name of the website you had access to? Can you still log into your contributor account? 

Message 44 of 77

Yes, I can still access my contributor account. I was also able to create a website (not sure what I did, I just clicked around). But I do still need to removes from my former supervisor's site. It's virginiemillien.weebly.com

Thanks!

Message 44 of 77
Square

Glad you were able to add the new site. It doesn't look like it's possible for you to remove the first site from your dashboard list, though. Are you in contact with the original site owner? They can easily remove you from Settings > Editors in the site editor, and clicking the settings icon to the right of the editor name. 

Message 44 of 77

Hi @Bernadette Would you be able to help me delete this site?
I created this a few years ago and I cant access my account anymore. Thank you
https://weareone6.weebly.com/

Message 44 of 77
Square

Hi @ranmaya This site has been unpublished for you. Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 77

Hi Bernadette, 

I was wondering if you could help me unpublish my website as well. I have been having the same problem, since I can't login to my account because it was made with a school email address. My website is joetranphotography.weebly.com

Message 44 of 77