x

Unauthorized upgrades

Just found out several sites I started but never did anything with were converted to paid websites without my consent.  It doesn't get much shadier than this.

These were free to edit until published.  They even had names like "test site" or "theme template".  They were never actually published because I never had a domain called test site!!

I wann to know how long ago this was done and want a full refund on those sites.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Thanks for posting, @DtheGreek. When did this happen with your sites? I checked your billing in the account tied to your Community profile and see a charge for the same amount going back into last year, although maybe I'm looking at the wrong billing.

Message 7 of 6

Apperently it's been for quite some time, years even.   I always thought it was because my non-cloud sites were in the same invoice but then i noticed those renew separately on an annual basis.   Wondering if this has anything to do with switching from the original designer to cloud.  These sites were created when we were able to start the creation then convert to a paid plan when published.  I certainly didn't connect any site to themetemplate.com or tracietest.com

Anyway, I should've never had more than 4 pro & 2 business charges on any invoice at any time.

Message 7 of 6

A conservative estimate is over $200 since late 2019

Message 7 of 6
Square

I checked your case with our team and it looks like the provided a refund and clarification on the charges.

Message 7 of 6

I received a refund of $16 for 2 of the sites on last month's invoice.  Looks like when I converted from the original designer to cloud, paid plans were assigned to any site that didn't have one.  This included duplicates of sites so a customer can learn the editor and stuff we started and never did anything with.  That was never explained or agreed to.  I should've caught it a long time ago.  

Honestly I don't even care about the $ at this point.  Would rather see Weebly update the cloud or designer platform.  It's been so stagnant for so long.   Really need some reseller friendly features such as custom sections and page templates.

When I first joined I thought Weebly had one of the best white label offerings around.  Not sure what happened along the way.

Message 7 of 6