x

Site Password does not work on iPhone

My site password works perfectly on my Windows 10 laptop...but it does not work on iPhone 10. I tried it in Safari and Google. When I enter the password, it returns to the same place asking again for the password. It shows no error message, etc. It simply reloads and ask for the password again. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

If you want to edit your site on your iPhone, I recommend using our iOS app instead. Since we have an iOS and Android app our site is not specifically designed to work in mobile browsers.

Message 5 of 9

I was not trying to edit  my site using iPhone.

I password restricted a specific page on my site so that only clients who have the password can access that page. I am unable to access the page via iPhone, but I can access it using a desktop / laptop.

Message 5 of 9
Square

What is the name of the site, @ASM?

Message 5 of 9

I am expereincing this same issue; site login works on windows and mac laptops, but not on iphone (iphone 8 running 14.4.1). Just as described above, once correct user and pass are entered, it returns a new, blank login screen.

The thread ended over a year ago, but no solution was posted. Does anyone have an answer?

Message 10 of 9
Square

Which mobile browser are you using, @structuright? I assume you are using Safari since it's an iPhone. Can you try downloading the Chrome app for iOS and seeing if that works?

Message 10 of 9

I am having the same problem on my website. Using Chrome on a Samsung phone and will not accept site password.

Message 10 of 9

This is almost a year after the previous post. Having this problem on an android phone. One of my weebly sites works fine. One requests a password even though I have no password protection enabled on the website. Also, if I enable a password, it will not be accepted on the android. Any updates?

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hi @jkjack 👋 Can you post a link to the site you are experiencing this issue on? I can check on both iPhone and Android. Thanks!

Message 10 of 9