x

Site Ownership Transfer

Hiya!  I'm generally a huge fan of Weebly and all you do, but I've run into a snag that makes my client's life harder instead of easier due to Weebly limitations and I wanted to ask that you put this on your radar for updates.  I have a client site under my Weebly Designer umbrella.  That site is owned by a parent company who currently has a Weebly account. I needed to transfer my client's site to the parent company's weebly account and apparently, I can't transfer that site to an existing account... only a NEW account. You can see how crazy pants this is from a user perspective.  And I know you guys work hard to make this whole website management easy breezy.  So, if you could put this on your roadmap as a fix, that would be great. Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Thanks for the suggestion, @maureen-jann. Feel free to post that to our Vote on Features board if you haven't yet.

Also, one way to solve this is to go ahead and move it to a standard account, then add the parent company's other Weebly account as an adminstrator of the site with full access. If they have any paid services they'd need to log into the second account in order to manage those, but otherwise they can full manage the site from within their regular account.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam, 

Can Weebly copy the website and more it to my account before I set it up? 

One of my staff created the site and now but I dont want to have to login to diffrent accounts to pay for my 4 sites. 

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @ikonikrich There isn't a way to move a site from one account to another. We can only move sites into brand new accounts that we make on the backend. Very sorry for any troubles. 

Message 12 of 11

that sucks - 

I want to transfer a site I created for a school to another owner.

I encouraged them to open a weebly account to make this possible. Now i to tell them to close it??

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @vegplotpot Did they open the account just for you to transfer the site? If they have not made any other sites in the account there would not be a reason for them deactivate the account they made. Or, they can provide a different email address to use for the Weebly login. We can absolutely move the site to an account they control, we just need to do it for them. I'll send you a private message for more information. 

Message 12 of 11

I have the same issue. Can you please tell me where I go to get a transfer started? Is there a specific email address to use? Or a chat window? Any help with who to contact to make a transfer happen would be helpful.

Message 12 of 11
Square

Hi @dognayrd You can submit an email ticket at the bottom of our help center. The rep will go over your options and then request permission to move the site. You will need to make sure to provide a brand new email that is not already in our system. Smiley Happy

https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en

Message 12 of 11

Hello Bernadette

I have the same problem. I am a (semi)-professional web designer (azoom.ch) and we chose Weebly for cheap websites because we can edit the CSS.
Now I have some customer websites online and would like to transfer them to the clients.
Is it really the only solution to get a ticket and explain the problem to the weebly-customer-service? Wouldn't it be better if the client set up an account and you (better: I) could simply transfer the page?
PS: Where can I find a ticket?
Thanks and best regards! Stay well Smiley Happy
M

Message 12 of 11
Square

That is currently the only process available for moving individual sites into brand new accounts, @Tiramisu. Hopefully in the future we can add something so you can do it yourself, though for now you'll need to contact our support team about it.

Message 12 of 11

Ok, thank you, I will do it.
Martin

Message 12 of 11