x

Reinstating web page

Yesterday I had a horrible experience when I inadvertently deleted more sections on a page than I intended to delete. As soon as I did it, I knew I  did it incorrectly so I purposefully excited the editor without publishing my page. Great - my webpage was intacted but when I went back into the editor, it had already saved my page with more than half of the sections being deleted. When I reached out to customer services, I was told this is a safety option in case your computer goes down while working on a webpage. They told me unfortunately, the only way to get back what I had deleted was to copy it from the live webpage back into the editor. Unfortunately, our website was originally set-up with some custom fields so recreating it exactly was not an option and this took a lot of unnecessary time. I really do not understand the option of the publish button if the editor automatically saves it anyway. There should be a way to revert back to what is live on the website without cutting & pasting it all. Or there should be an "undo" button for all edits in the editor.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @lmcintyre The editor allows you to edit and then publish when you are ready. Unfortunately, the editor also saves in real time and there isn't a way to undo a change that you have made. Going forward, I recommend making a copy of the page you need to edit first. That way if you accidentally make an edit you want to correct, you can simply delete the copy page and start over with a new copy. What is the name of the page you deleted content from? It's never a guarantee what will restore, but I can at least try to see if anything will come back.  

Message 5 of 4

@Bernadette 

The home page is the one I accidently goofed up. My boss noticed last Friday when she logged into Weebly that she had access to two different circles gr websites. One at Circlesgr.org and a the other at subtest.weebly.com. The subtest site appears to be our circles site before I accidently messed up the home page. Did you recover that? Is there a way to reinstate to that site? Only thing that makes me nervous, it that a warning comes up that some apps are linked or working in the subtest site. Is there a way to copy/upload a few pages from the subtest site - like the home page and maybe the Donate, Invest in Circles, 360 For Good pages? When I asked via chat, she told me to have two computer side by side and recreate the page. I explained this issue originally with the custom pages but that was the only solution she had.

Message 5 of 4
Square

We don't have a way to copy or transfer pages from one site to another, which is why our support agent suggested viewing them side-by-side so you could remake the page. We can move a custom domain and site upgrade over to a different site so you could publish with the other one, though. With paid apps you may need to get help from the app developer to associate a paid app with a different site.

Message 5 of 4