x

Privacy help please- nothing is working

Hi, 

URGENT: could you please help me activate privacy protection. I’m getting slammed with calls because it didn’t work when I selected the tick box when I bought the domain. Now when I look through all the comments about this, none of the fixes I try are working. Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

It looks like you used PayPal to initially purchase the domain - can you try using that to purchase WHOIS protection instead of a credit card, @Tryingmybest? Sorry for the trouble!

Message 8 of 7

Hi Adam. Thanks for your response. I’ve tried paying with PayPal a couple of times and the weebly gateway gets saying ‘payment declined’ without giving any reason....so yeah, I’m stuck 

Message 8 of 7
Square

Strange, I can't see a reason from our end why either method would be declined. I've gone ahead and given the domain privacy protection in the meantime so you don't have to worry about it right now, although it probably wouldn't hurt to contact your bank to see if they can tell you why the charge wouldn't got through.

Message 8 of 7

Thanks so much Adam. I used PayPal that day and have used it since without any trouble, so I’m equally confused. 

Thanks again

Message 8 of 7

@Tryingmybest@Adam,

I have had the same thing happen.  I tried to pay with PayPal a couple times and each time it tells me my payment is declined.  I then used my credit card for the same purchase, and it goes through.  It has nothing to do with the bank - the credit card I use is a PayPal debit card, and it all comes out of the same place/same PayPal account.  Just FYI!

-- Anne

Message 8 of 7
Square

Thanks for letting us know, @Anne. I'll check with our advanced support team tomorrow to see if there are any known issues regarding Paypal. 

Message 8 of 7