x

Non Mobile Responsive Apps in App Center

Would be great if you could mark all the apps that are not mobile responsive in the app center to save everyone some time.

I have battled my way through the endless getting in the way pop up box on the "free" price chart app, only to find the display on mobile is just horrendous.

Now obviously nobody is ever going to fix this, so it would be nice if you could at very least warn people first.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

That's a really great idea, @lloydp. Thanks for sharing. One work around you can use is the Hide app to only display the chart on desktop. You can also take a screenshot and upload the image to only display on mobile. 

Message 5 of 4

Thanks Bernadette, I hope that this great idea gets put into action.  Sure would be nice to know an app actually works on your site before wasting time on it.

I don't really want to hide my price comparison chart, as I would like my clients to see prices and features presented nicely which was why I looked into this app in the first place. 

I presume the work around is to use the hide function on for Mobile, then wrap the same information in another form and hide that on desktop site.  This would leave my site prone to a disaster of a display should the hide app not respond correctly to the page sizes.  Under reviews for the hide app one user states "Everything that was in a HIDE box whether it was "set" to view or not was visible on an Ipad.  I emailed the developer several times but he was no help and the problem did not get resolved even after several months."

It seems like the safest route to not wasting time as a bug tester is just to settle for not using this app or any others that users highlight in reviews do not work as intended.  Perhaps that's why these are "free".

Message 5 of 4
Square

Gotcha.. I do see your hesitation with the HIDE app. We have a lot of users that use it which is why I had suggested it. I do think your idea would save people a lot of time and headache, though. Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't added something like that to begin with. 

Message 5 of 4