x

Mandatory Captcha

Over the past few days, lead flow on one of my sites has been down significantly. After some research, I found that my customers are being hit with a captcha when they submit a form. While not ideal, I understand that captcha may be necessary. However, the large 3x3 matrix can be for some, difficult. When things get difficult, consumers tend to abandon what they are doing.

Please consider adding a different style of captcha that is easier to use on a mobile device. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Thanks for the suggestion and understanding, @Cary1

Message 10 of 11

Other than it's now mandatory, why is CAPTCHA on a password protected page?
Message 10 of 11
Square

Are you referring to the search here on Lithium? The search button is not working at the moment, but we've submitted a support ticket to have it looked at. The decision to make captcha mandatory was made to protect you from spam, but there isn't a way to turn it off- even for password protected pages. I'm very sorry again for the inconvenience and frustration. 

Message 10 of 11

Given the options of dealing with spam or losing customers, growth, and revenue, I would rather deal with spam. Please make captcha optional. Please make a mobile friendly, less intrusive captcha. This seems like a decision that was good for Weebly but not the users.

For years I defended the Weebly platform for business but now I am thinking it is foolish to put the well being of my company in the hands of an organization that is not taking my business needs very seriously. I love 99% of the platform but the last couple of months, Weebly has shown poor decision making. Or, you have not done a very good job communicating why these changes were made withour customer input.

Message 10 of 11
Square

I highlighted your mobile use-case to our team, @Cary1, so hopefully we might see some captcha options in the future.

Message 10 of 11

Adam - Please let development know we are stopping use of Weebly forms because of Captcha requirement.   We've had numerous problems with people unable to submit our required information via mobile because of the captcha.  It frustrates people enough that they just choose not to proceed.

For this particular form also we have thousands of entries and have never had 1 spam submission because of various required fields.   Mandatory captcha just doesn't make business sense, especially when it is so challenging that it takes 5 tries and is slow.   On Mobile, it doesn't always appear either, which just prevents the submission from happening altogether.

Message 10 of 11
Square

Our engineers made changes on our end, so the option to disable the captcha is now back for forms. Thanks for your patience while they implemented that!

Message 10 of 11

Did the team think of adding a COUNTRY block instead?  That would be of REAL use.  Have had 18,000 responses to a form from .ru and one other country.  Weebly did not know why as the form did have a Captcha turned on.  Could this be Weebly’s response to that error??  Add COUNTRY block for those that do have problems.  RETURN the optional Captcha.

Message 10 of 11

just chatted with help desk. this is new. was an opt-in feature. now mandatory. my form is on a password protected page AND it has a Captcha. AND why does a search on CAPTCHA return 0 responses?
Message 11 of 11

I have also had this problem, the Captcha takes way too many clicks to get through and it makes it very cumbersome to submit forms/comments etc.

Message 12 of 11