x

Legacy Weebly Account syncing with Square POS

Is anyone else using the original Weebly eCommerce site and syncing with Square POS? I was able to import from Square up until last week when it stopped working. The process will start, but then I am emailed a failure notice with no explanation about the error.  After two long sessions with Weebly support, all I know is that it is a "known bug", and I am totally stuck. I have new products that I need to get on my website, and there is no way to add them so that the inventory levels will stay in sync.It looks like I have no choice but to rebuild the whole site on their new platform. To be honest, if I have to rebuild the whole site, I will probably switch companies! Does anyone know a way around this issue?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your account. I know the old Square sync was removed from new accounts, but as long as a sync was connected it was supposed to still work. Haven't seen anyone else bring up this specific issue on here but if I do I'll merge them with your thread so we can keep everything in one place for potential updates. Unfortunately, there's not much more we can do if support has already confirmed a bug. Did they provide a case number to you? 

Message 9 of 8

If Square stopped allowing new items to be synced, then why didnt they let us know? And why does the system still allow a user to import via a sync to Square? I spoke to support again yesterday and they told me they were sending instructions on how to migrate the site to the new platform. A full day later and no email yet. 

Message 9 of 8
Square

I'm sorry again for the frustrating experience. Did you talk with the chat or phone team? I don't see any support tickets from yesterday, but if you have the case number we can try to see who you spoke with. 

Message 9 of 8

Did you ever figure out the solution?  I have been having the same issue for over a month and received the "known bug" error.

Message 9 of 8

I have a case # and I have been told the same thing for the last two months.  My case # us 68786041,  my issue started in Nov. right in the middle of my busy season. thought it was just a fluke and would work itself out.  I have dealt with 4 different people on this issue.  Only to get the runaround.  Square did something to make this feature stop working.  I have been import syncing from Square for 5 years and now it is not working.  The .csv file does not work either.

Message 9 of 8
Square

I believe the old Square sync was sunsetted, and I honestly do not know if it can be fixed for accounts that run into this error. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience. 

Have any of the reps checked to see if your account is eligible for Weebly Bridge? This option will convert your account so that you can create a new Square Online website, and then use the benefits of the new Square sync with your store items. 

I recommend reaching out to the team again to see if they can speak with the advanced support team on your behalf to get your account updated. 

Message 9 of 8

My opinion: Square is going to destroy Weebly trying to figure out this integration. 

I am skeptical. Already, because their new builder is requiring me to pay PRO PLAN pricing for EACH DOMAIN. 

Any legacy Weebly Account holder will FREAK over this  - you want us to pay $144 x 8 = $1,000/year for what we've been paying $72/year? SORRY. 

We'll be changing PLATFORMS!

Message 9 of 8