x

Importing from square should keep variations settings

When importing inventory from Square, if there are variations set in the Square inventory, they should be copied over to the Weebly inventory. If there are no variations in Square, there should be no variations in the Weebly inventory.

If that isn't possible, there should be a way to remove all variations from all inventory items at once instead of having to edit each item individually.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @andrewdavies!  If you sync import products from Square, the variations will sync as product options on or end.  If you need help importing, you can take a look at https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006966128-Importing-and-Syncing-Your-Products-with-Square to see how to do that.  Have a great day! 

Message 15 of 14

I have no variations defined in Square. I should have no variations defined after my import. However, if I do an import, it will, by default, check the box for "This product has different variations of size, color, or type." for all items. This should NOT be the default.

EDIT: upon further research, it appears that Square creates a default variation of "Regular" for each item. However, if you remove that variation and try to import into Weebly, the import fails.

Message 15 of 14

I'm having this exact same problem and it's really frustrating. Did you find a resolution?

Message 15 of 14
Square

What is the name of your site and an example product that is not importing properly? Thanks! 

Message 15 of 14

You can look at any of the products in my store: https://www.redthreadfarm.com/shop.html#/
Message 15 of 14
Square

Thank you. I was able to confirm that this is known issue, however, we do not have an eta of when it will be fixed. Did you manually fix the variation for Fresh Spearmint? 

Message 15 of 14

Yes that one was manually removed. Thanks for checking on it. 

Message 15 of 14
Square

Oh, okay. 😕 I was hoping new products imported would not have the same behavior. I'm going to brainstorm this with some colleagues to see if anyone has a work around for affected users. Thanks so much for your patience! 

Message 15 of 14

Hello

I am having the same issue regarding regular/variations defaulting to Variations after importing from Square to Weebly. Has any progress been made on this issue. Up until late 2018 this was never a problem. A fix to this would be greatly appreciated because currently after every import I have to go through every individual product ona at a time and change the setting to "Regular". With over 200 unique products this is very time consuming, especially when I have to do this on a weekly basis every time I import new products. Importing just a few products changes my entire store to variations from regular.

Gary

Message 15 of 14
Square

I don't see any updates on this, @Garvio, and I do understand why the import is not working for you. That's a lot of products to have to manually update. Just to be clear, you don't remember this being an issue on import last year? 

Message 15 of 14

Hi Bernadette

Thanks for the reply. This has been an issue since the end of 2018. I believe there was a software update at that time. I am not the only person that has this issue, as I've seen it discussed in the community forum and also in conversations with tech support at Square & Weebly. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it only affected new items I import, but everytime I sync, it changes my whole inventory to variations. The problem with it defaulting to variations is that it says there's no inventory at first glance. When you select regular in the dropdown menu then it displays the inventory.  

When potential customer lands on the product page and see no inventory they move on instead of selecting form the dropdown menu.  

That is a big problem with another lost potential sale.

Gary

Message 15 of 14
Square

That does make sense. I'll see if there is any additional information I can find out. 

Message 15 of 14

Is there an update on this? It's so annoying and time consuming I may have to move away from syncing my inventory with Square. 

Message 15 of 14