x

How to undo and redo in the Site Editor

While the Weebly Site Editor doesn't include discrete undo and redo buttons, you can use the standard operating system short keys to accomplish this:

• If you're using a Windows PC, pressing both the CTRL and z keys will perform an undo. You can keep pressing this shortcut combination to keep undoing.
  • To redo (reverse an undo), press both the CTRL and y keys.
  • For Macs, use the Command key instead of the CTRL key.
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @madhuram!

Thanks for coming to the community with this - Welcome aboard!

I can definitely see why the ability to revert saved changes would be useful, and note that this is something other Sellers have also advocated for in the past. So, I’ve gone ahead and merged this post with the existing thread, where the topic was previously discussed. 

We often merge duplicate or related conversations together, to keep similar comments in one place. This makes it easier for others to find the thread in the future, and when our product development teams are reviewing Seller feedback, it gives them a better understanding of how popular a feature request is.

The community boards are regularly reviewed by our product teams, often driving significant product improvements and updates. So, if I hear of any upcoming changes that might be of interest to you, I’ll be sure to update the thread.

In the meantime, as you continue to work on your site, you can reference this article to learn more about what can, and can not be reverted at this time. 

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Nice tip, @PaulMathews

Message 3 of 7

It is ABSURD that Weebly doesn't offer an undo button. It's like using an editor from the 90s.

Message 4 of 7

This doesn't work, it just reopens a new tab and the last web page accessed. It is unreal that Weebly doesn't offer an undo and redo option. When will Weebly's features be updated to add these essential elements?

Message 5 of 7

It did not work for me. I can't believe Weebly doesn't have the Undo and Redo function!

Message 6 of 7

Save as you feature is a big blunder. Instead you must implement undo and redo functionality to the editor. Even your chat support does not help in undoing last few changes. I deleted header which i was not able to get back. Along with that some text also got deleted and now my contact form and even map accidentally got deleted and i even tried the help from chat support twice. Both of time i kept waiting and was not of any use to me. Why dont the development team just introduce undo and redo. Atleast before publishing the site or final saving, we must have the option revert the changes. Instead of wasting your chat support executives time and mine time best is to introduce undo and redo functionality.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @madhuram!

Thanks for coming to the community with this - Welcome aboard!

I can definitely see why the ability to revert saved changes would be useful, and note that this is something other Sellers have also advocated for in the past. So, I’ve gone ahead and merged this post with the existing thread, where the topic was previously discussed. 

We often merge duplicate or related conversations together, to keep similar comments in one place. This makes it easier for others to find the thread in the future, and when our product development teams are reviewing Seller feedback, it gives them a better understanding of how popular a feature request is.

The community boards are regularly reviewed by our product teams, often driving significant product improvements and updates. So, if I hear of any upcoming changes that might be of interest to you, I’ll be sure to update the thread.

In the meantime, as you continue to work on your site, you can reference this article to learn more about what can, and can not be reverted at this time. 

Message 7 of 7