x

Google Events won't list our event submitted through Data Highlighter

My issue is trying to list an event/website under Google Events. We've had our 7-page website ( arizonabicycleclassic.com ) since 2016, and recently tried to get listed under Google Events using their Data Highlighter tool (which outlines relevant info for inclusion under their events listings.)

I've also noticed that there is a google crawl issue with one page, although I'm not sure if it is the home page or not, since google doesn't say. I've submitted the site to google for validation, but the status is always pending. Their webmaster tools indicate the sitemap and mobile phone access are ok.

I've filled out the SEO info for the home page and site, have the required sitemap and google footer codes.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Hi @Frogger89 Can you post a screenshot of the page that says pending? I'm not too familiar with Google Events, but you are the second person to bring it up today! Is this something new? 

Message 14 of 13

Hi, How do I post a screen shot/image through this reply window (it won't allow me to paste).
Message 14 of 13
Square

Click "reply" instead of "quick reply" and you should see the photo option:

Message 14 of 13

I don't know if you are familiar with Google Console, but it turns out that for the past year, google has been unable to crawl our site because of Weebly's robot.txt code. This is very frustrating. Do I go into the HTML and remove all of the robot.txt?

Message 14 of 13

Here is the screen shot:

I did submit the robots.txt file to google, which approved it. Not sure how to find out what the crawl issue is.

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 13
Square

I haven't heard of a crawl issue like this. You said there is a specific page that has an error? What is the page name, please? 

Message 14 of 13

Google says the URL is available to Google, but not indexed. It says that if it If it gets indexed and selected as canonical, it could appear in Google Search results with all relevant enhancements.

I've been requesting indexing for weeks, but nothing changes.

Message 14 of 13

The page that can't be crawled is http://www.arizonabicycleclassic.com/index.html
Message 14 of 13
Square

It looks like the index page has already been indexed, @Frogger89. It doesn't include "index.html" since that's optional for the index file of a site.

Message 14 of 13

The problem is that we've tried to submit event info using Data Highlighter, in order to be listed under Google events. (using Google's highlighter, you outline the relevant info.)

We keep getting an error message saying a page in the site has a crawl error, and that is the home page, which has all the event info.

Message 14 of 13
Square

That's strange; do they give more specific information about what the crawl errors actually are or is it just "we can't crawl this page"?

Message 14 of 13
Square

Message 14 of 13