x

Editor freezes

Seems I am not alone when it comes to web editor freezing and becoming unrepsonsive.

And yet there is no definitive answer from Weebly!

Some Pages are fine, others just open and freeze - WHY????

I wish Weebly would come clean, put their hand up, acknowledge the problem and deal with it.

Is that too much to ask?

Kind regards

Peter

www.whitbyseaanglers.com

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi there. Do you have any third party apps installed or are the pages that particularly heavy with content? Can you provide an example of one of the page names that crashes on you? Are you also able to try opening the editor from a different device or internet connection? 

Message 12 of 11

Hi Bernadette

No third party Apps.

Personal Computer

Windows 10 - auto updates

McAfee security - auto updates

Hard wired Broadband 'Fibre' connection - 37mbps

Same problem happens with Lap top on wifi.

Don't have access to AN Other internet connection.

I am now thinking you system needs a 'defrag'.

I also think some of my web pages have been corrupted, because some of your collegues also cannot edit my pages, as the system freezes for them too.

Their answer is to start again, I did that & I still have problems.

So, again I ask what is going on?

Other people are struggling with this 'freezing'.

It would be nice if one person was responsible for all communications, so a history of my problems can be logged & solved with some coordination.

Web site has been up & running since 2012 with no major problems until February 2019.

Please, please can we get this sorted as I am weeks behind with my 2018 - 2019 Archive.

Kind regards

Peter Horbury

www.whitbyseaanglers.com

PS I note with this reply there is no spell checker?????

Message 12 of 11
Square

Can you provide an example of a page where this happens? If it's only specific pages it might be something on those pages causing it. It is possible for something like McAfee to interrupt or affect page loading.

Message 12 of 11

Adam, Bernadette - anybody want to take full control?

One case Officer would be appreciated.

Un-published page in Archives called '2018 - 2019 Archive' - is the page hidden in Navigation that I cannot edit due to Freezing.

Kind regards

Peter

Message 12 of 11
Square

I took a look at that page in the editor, and while it took an unusual amount of time to load, it did finally load. There's a very large number of elements on that page, @PeterHorbury. I think there's enough that it's crossing the threshold of what a browser can handle. I would recommend trying to split it into multiple pages so it doesn't exceed the amount of memory available for a browser.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam

Many thanks for getting back to me, I am very pleased you too are having trouble viewing, let alone edit said page.

Sorry I do not agree with your findings.

My problems started in February 2019.

I've had my site since 2012 and in all those years there has not been a problem with my template Archive.

Look at 2017-2018 it works fine.

Within the hour, I have added an IT expert to my Admin Team.

His views are the problem is at your end.

There is, in his opinion, nothing wrong with what I have built with Weebly.

He is also treading treacle trying to edit the same page as myself.

It is very frustrating waiting for Weebly to become active.

I would sincerely ask you get a senior technician to take a look.

Other pages previously built and published are working fine.

I even managed to publish said page, and can report it published with no troubles. [now hidden again in Navigation].

So what happened at your end in February?

Have you changed to an ADSL line?

Are you uupdating and maintaining the server regularily and properly?

I cannot afford any more lost time and money chasing a problem at your end.

I have been a loyal customer for a number of years, and adverise Weebly on my site.

I await your reply.

Kind regards

Peter

Message 12 of 11
Square

I don't know whether we made any changes earlier this year which would translate into higher memory usage, although if that were the case it would likely not be obvious except in cases like that page of your site which have an exceedingly high number of elements on them.

Something to keep in mind is that an element on the live site only uses whatever memory is needed to render and cache the content being displayed. An element in the editor, however, is not only what see visually but is also something you can interact with. It uses more resources so that it can react to what you do with it. One other thing - I don't think internet speed will have much of an impact on this other than the time to initially load the page. Once it's loaded any slowness is going to be caused by browser memory and processing power.

You're more than welcome to submit a ticket to our Customer Success team and ask that it be escalated to our Advanced Support team, though I would expect when they see the page they are going to make the same recommendation that I did.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam

How do I submit a ticket to your Customer Success team and ask that it be escalated to your Advanced Support team, please.

Kind regards

Peter

Message 12 of 11
Square

Not a problem. Go to our Help Center and click on the "Contact Us" link:

https://hc.weebly.com

Enter your question, then click the button that the results didn't answer it and you should see an email option and chat (if it is within our chat hours and an agent is available).

Message 12 of 11

Hi Peter this is when my problems started and continue to persist. My sites are now useless. This is what I continue to post to them and am told heaps of nothing!!!

"All my sites I cant load pages in edit mode. I have upgraded my internet to broadband but I still cant edit. This is a FAULT of WEEBLY as I have eliminated the internet source and my computers. I have 2 computers and both freeze when trying to edit weebly. Since December I have had this problem and if you look into the history of my weebly u will see this. I need it fixed!!! Loading this page takes 2 minutes - https://ac-units.weebly.com/ It makes no difference if i edit using explorer or chrome. This page wont load https://ac-units.weebly.com/english-units.html Prior to December it did load so you cant say the page is too busy." 

Message 12 of 11