x

Domain Transferring Issue

Hello, 

I have been trying to sort out transferring my domain with a lethargci support from Weebly. 

Firstly, I could not disable my privacy settings. After 2 weeks it just disabled itself.

Now I need to change the email but not the one linked with the domain because it is disabled. How can I change it to the one in my Weebly account contact information section.

Honestly the support keep telling me pretty much similar things to those on their website help center, but they don't work and chat with us option is not actually there all the time. 

Please help me with this problem.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble, @Dissatisfied17. Are you trying to transfer a domain bought through us to another registrar?

One thing to note about changing the registrant email address - according to ICANN rules if you update any of the Registrant contact info to something else, you have to wait 60 days before you can transfer. They have this rule as a security measure and there's no way to avoid it.

Message 4 of 5

Yes I bought it three years ago. It expired. I get long emails telling me what to do but I don't understand any of it. Iwish to transfer it to godaddy. Apparently Weebly needs to send me some code yo give to godaddy. Unfortunately the email you send it to doesn't exist. I have sent numerous emails asking fir help but since I am in china the time zone is different. Please advise Thanks Denise
Message 4 of 5

I am really not happy with this situation! this is TOTALLY ridiculous. all we want is to transfer ownership to godaddy. your live chat NEVER WORKS. do you understand this? perhaps you don't really accept it that we CANNOT contact anyone who assumes responsibility for anything to get things done. you say nonsense about changing things locking us out for sixty days. we never changed anything, the information we gave was correct. my email contact is working but you have some nonsensical sending to a totally unauthorized email that I never set up. I am really not happy about your service and I don't care who knows. it is terrible, really terrible.
what are you going to do about it? or is this how you hold customers hostage?
Message 6 of 5

Hello!

Unfortunately, the rules set in place by ICANN are not specific to Weebly, and we aren't able to make exceptions to them. This does include that the emailed verification code goes to the email entered during registration, which is listed in the WHOIS information, as well as the 60 day hold after changing that information.

One of our agents went ahead and sent an email about setting up a call with you directly. Were you able to receive that message?

Message 6 of 5