x

Changes made to website not showing up on phones

I just made some changes to my website and published them. The changes are showing up on the laptop and my husband's laptop, but NOT either of our phones. Why would it work on computers, but not phones? Thanks for the prompt help! 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square

Thanks for your post, @TBBarrett.

Try clearing your browser cache on your phone - it sounds like it might be loading a cached version of the website for you.

Message 19 of 18

Thanks, but the changes aren't coming up on my husband nor my mom's phone either. Any other possibilities it could be? 

Message 19 of 18
Square

Which changes on your site are you not seeing?

Message 19 of 18

All of us have a blank home page. The menu is off to the upper left that has "Author," "Speaker," etc but the home page is completely blank. Most people look at things on their phone and if they see a blank page, then they'll leave. On the laptop, desktop and iPad, it shows what I want it to show. 

Message 19 of 18
Square

What devices are you checking with? I tested on my iPhone 11 Pro max and it loaded fine in Safari for me.

Message 19 of 18

You mean the first page wasn't blank for you? It shows the menu at top but is blank. On the laptop and desktop it's not blank. We tried on an iPhone and 2 different Androids. 

Message 19 of 18
Square

There's a loading animation where the content fades in and up, but otherwise it shows for me just fine. What version of iOS do you have on the iPhone?

Message 19 of 18

Message 19 of 18

imageimage

Message 19 of 18
Square

It looks like something on your device is blocking the animation. Does your phone have anything installed that blocks javascript?

Message 19 of 18

Not that I know of. Are you able to pull up the correct home page that includes the image of FINDING HER SPIRIT and other things? My mom and husband's phones don't pull up the correct first page either. Do you mean that all 3 of our devices might be blocking? 

Message 19 of 18
Square

That is what I see when go to your site:

Are they typing out the URL of your site or using a bookmark?

Message 19 of 18

I guess they're using a bookmark.  So, you're saying if people use a bookmark on their phones, it will come up blank? I'm just looking for everyone to see what you're seeing on their phones!

Message 19 of 18
Square

Maybe it is the way the bookmark saves cache or cookies. Can you have them load the url by entering the address? They can also try bookmarking once the site loads properly to see if that corrects the issue. 

Message 19 of 18

Ok, thanks. I just think it's strange that 3 different devices all have the same issue. However, if you're able to pull up the landing page on your phone, then hopefully others will, too. 

Message 19 of 18

Adam, the image you posted last Tuesday, was that from your phone?  My husband tried again on his phone using a URL on his phone and also in incognito and it was blank. I tried again on my phone and it's still blank. 

But, the issue is, even if someone has to my site before, why is it they aren't seeing the new content or even the old content? It's literally blank, except for the menu, as you can see. If it's a cache issue, why aren't they seeing the old content? Whether someone is new to my website or not, I just need it fixed so they can see the new content on my landing page from their phone. The laptop and desktop are fine; it's just from the phone. 

Thanks.  

Message 19 of 18
Square

If you swipe up/down on the page does the content load? 

Message 19 of 18