x

Can I merge my Weebly plans?

Don't know which catergory I should put this in...

I want to start a podcast but Weebly doesn't have podcast support. So I was thinking of transferring my site to Squarespace. My current plan still have 2 years though.

The question is: could I combine/merge this existing plan with my other Weebly plan/site. So Site B will get the remaining time of Site A which I'll transfer out.

I really like Weebly and would like to stay, but I need the podcasting tools of Squarespace.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

What plan is each site on, @pongli? I'm sure we could figure something out like that so you can use all of the service you've paid for.

Message 8 of 7

Hi Adam!

I have a starter plan on both sites.

Can Weebly just come up with Podcasting support like Squarespace? I'd prefer keeping my site on Weebly. But a lot of features I need are missing in Weebly: podcast support, post management, category management to name a few.

Thanks Adam!

-pong

Message 8 of 7
Square

We don't have much in the way of podcast support at this time, but I do see the feature request you submitted. Thanks for that. Is it possible for you to integrate a third party podcast with the embed element? 

https://www.weebly.com/blog/embed-a-podcast

I apologize if this is not what you are looking for. Let us know if you are looking for different features. 

We can certainly help you out with assigning the Starter credits if you need to cancel, too.

Message 8 of 7

Yes it is possible. But having a 3rd party is either inconvinient and is a point of failure and most importantly it's extra cost. Where as Squarespace offers it as part of their regular plans.

I'm stuck here between a rock and a hardplace, I have a lot of materials in my website and it's connected to my course material. So I'd rather stay and wait if Weebly can say they'll eventually offer this service. I want to stay with Weebly because this is where I started and I prefer Weebly's site editor. But eventually I may transfer when I start a new podcast.

At the moment there are just a lot of things missing in Weebly...

1. Podcast integration being on of them.
  2. Post organizer
  3. Tag/category organizer
  4. A post carousel block
  5. Some wierd errors appear in Google's search console from time to time.
Message 8 of 7

@Bernadette & @Adam, I finally decided to stay with Weebly. There's just so much work involved in migrating out of Weebly. I'm lazy that way. My question for you is, which podcast hosting does Weebly recommend? Does Weebly have any partnerships with podcast hosting services?

PS: Kinda glad to stay with Weebly.

Message 8 of 7
Square

We don't have any partnerships with any podcasting services that I'm aware of. A search of the App Center did pull up these:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/podcast

They make mention of using a podcast, so it's possible they might work with some podcast services?

Message 8 of 7