x

CAPTCHA is no longer an opt-in.

NEED TO TURN OFF GOOGLE CAPTCHA. We are using a form that requires users to LOG IN a password protected page. Since they have already logged in, the CAPTCHA is an annoyance.  Cannot find where to turn CAPTCHA on, so cannot find where to turn it Off  Please advise.  

WEEBLY:  with recent updates to the contact form, there is now not a way to turn off the captcha. we have made this change to help prevent spam on the contact forms

ME:  Please send a note to someone who may listen that this NEW policy forced on Weebly designers is not user friendly and should be moved BACK to the opt-in type. I have filled out my form many times and I still get the Captcha box. Reading about Captcha today, it mentions that a person only gets the box if they are thought to be spam. Since I filled the form in multiple times it should have known I was ok.

WEEBLY:  Feedback like this is very helpful when planning for future releases. I hope you'll take a moment to visit our Community and share your idea so other users can vote on it: community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-o...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi there. I'm very sorry for the frustration. I know it's not an easy change to have to deal with, but it was done with the best intentions in mind. I don't know if there are any plans to make this an optional feature again, but we do appreciate your candid feedback. We will make sure to relay your messages to the team. Thanks! 

Message 5 of 4

For the FEW times my clients have had form problems, a COUNTRY block would have been the answer.  A Weebly country block of .ru would solve the only problem my clients have had.  Bring back the Opt-In for Captcha; create a COUNTRY CODE BLOCK for those that get spammed.

Message 5 of 4
Square

Thank you again for the feedback. I'm very sorry this is causing such a problem for the people on this thread. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 4