x

Automated post-sale processing

Our sales are paid through SquareUp. After the completion of the sale, we receive an email with information about the sale. Our after-payment processing is entirely automated - no human intervention. Our software scans the raw data (ascii) content of the emails, parses and extracts the specific sales information (order #, date, cust name, email, items, costs,...) and automatically sends out the product.

However, SquareUp is switching how it handles orders, and the new emails are nearly impossible to parse and find what is needed. I am ready to find a different credit card processor. But, how does your company handle post-sales processing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi Art. Can you give us an example of what you mean by things are switching. What type of information do you need in order for the service to work for you?

Message 5 of 4

Include the details of the sale in plain text, not encoded or encrypted, each on a separate line.

order date: xxx
order number: xxx
cust name: xxx
cust email: xxx
cust phone: xxx
item number: xxx
item price: xxx
item quan: xxx
discount: xxx
total sale: xxx

Message 5 of 4
Square

I don't believe the information is displayed this way. I can send you a test order confirmation email if that helps, though. Do you want me to send one over? 

Message 5 of 4