x
Beta Member

Why does it duplicate when trying to modify item?

I download, then modify item names, amounts, category, save template, import. Error states item name and variation name must be the same, which is really the truth. I make them the same (which causes trouble on the item view when ringing up). Then says to delete token on all modifications. When token is deleted, upload goes fine but it duplicates instead of modifying. If I leave the token it never uploads the modification?? I have called numerous times but this has never been fixed!,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

When I make modifications to an item it sometimes erases the inventory count and replaces it with “receive stock”. When it duplicates, the new item has “receive stock”

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Hmmm 

Blank token fields read as new items in Square's system when imported in the Library. Removing those tokens sounds like the reason your items are duplicating, but it's strange that you received an import error to delete those token IDs. 

I'm going to pass your case over to our CS Team so they can help you out. If need be, they can pass it up to Engineering so they can take a deeper look. 

You'll be contacted via the email associated with your account so keep watch over your inbox! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3